Close

Moving to the south of France

I've been a carer for my parents for the last few years. Dad passed away March 2016, Mum still with me but one day I shall be alone. I have just had my 60th birtrhday. I would like to spend my time in the South of France where the climate is warmer and the sun brighter. I hope to spend my time as an astronomer. I'm looking to find a location, with zero light polution, so no cities or towns, something rural. Lakes are good, Somewhere I can put a mobile home or leisure home, my needs are few, I don't need a big house. Do I have to register full time in France, can I stay for long periods of time, I have a rented property in the Uk, I would like to buy something in France. What should I be considering. I do not need to act now as my mother is still with me but she will have to go to a home soon.

Hi, if you want something rural by lakes, you should take a look in the "Var" department.
Beautiful landscape there and life is cheapear compared to the department close by "Alpes Maritimes". Good luck !

Expatriate health insurance in France

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in France

Moving to France

Find tips from professionals about moving to France

Travel insurance in France

Enjoy stress-free travel to France

Flights to France

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to France