Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Single House

Hi Everyone,

I will like to ask if this property company a reputable one?
They are "Palm Springs", currently they have a launch which im quite interested and
intend to go over take a look. But Im not staying in Thailand, am in neighboring country. So before
getting there I will likes to know more about it. Be it the company, that launch named "Urbana 5"

So my questions are
1) How is the company Palm Springs?
2) Their properties "Urbana 5"
3) The location, Tha Sala. (Flood, Noisy, Jam etc?)

Thanks all again.

If I were you, I would come take a look at in person before whipping out any cash for it.

Hi Ruffian,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the advice. I will be doing that, meanwhile just wants to know more about them that's all. As i can only be in Chiang Mai the most 3-5 days. So I need to gather more base information and some others as well, once im there I will be more familiar or not as lost.

Thanks.

Okay, good luck, maybe someone in the area will chime in.
Here's the property:
http://www.palmsprings.co.th/project-si … a5-en.html
I'm curious about this as well. Are you planning to buy, rent, buy as a condo?
Tha Sala neighborhood is, from I know, a good neighborhood, Big C is nearby for shopping, the Old City is just over the river.

Can't help with first hand info but perhaps you might try using Google maps to look around the area.  Open Google maps and type "urbana 5 chaing mai thailand" in search box on map.

The first thing I notice after selecting satellite view is how close the houses are to each other.  This does not jive with renditions on web site.

Have fun using maps satellite and street view function.

Ruffian Dick :

Okay, good luck, maybe someone in the area will chime in.
Here's the property:
http://www.palmsprings.co.th/project-si … a5-en.html
I'm curious about this as well. Are you planning to buy, rent, buy as a condo?
Tha Sala neighborhood is, from I know, a good neighborhood, Big C is nearby for shopping, the Old City is just over the river.

Hi Ruffian,

Thanks for the link, been there. I even contacted the agent over there and they had emailed me all the images, and cost etc. Im planning to buy it, it will be my future house to stay in Chiang Mai. But what ever im seeing and getting will not be the same as other extra information I will get from you guys who have been there long enough.

Today I just read a news (Well my wife showed me, as the news is in Thai), few of the houses by 3-4mil thai baht are leaking water from the ceiling so bad that few ceilings collapsed! And I noticed that the ceiling was done using compressed board patched together with thin metal supports. That is ridiculous. And Thailand don't have a law to protect the properties buyers I believed. And I heard few developers went "bankrupt" too even before the houses were built.

Regards

Straydog :

Can't help with first hand info but perhaps you might try using Google maps to look around the area.  Open Google maps and type "urbana 5 chaing mai thailand" in search box on map.

The first thing I notice after selecting satellite view is how close the houses are to each other.  This does not jive with renditions on web site.

Have fun using maps satellite and street view function.

Hi Starydog,

I did that using phone and to check the distance to the city as well, I thought most of the houses in Chiang Mai are like this? Unless you going to get one that has a bigger land. I hope, but is just too costly. I don't mind a smaller space, it will be only my wife and myself thus easier and less time consuming to maintain the house. Infact I told my wife that to spend an amount of money for getting a big house and land which is far, I rather use the same amount of money to get a smaller unit with smaller land but nearer to city. I prefers nearer to city but not too close though. I have been to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Bangkok, Lampang and a few area, the journey around took too long even within Chiang Mai. Frankly, the lesser im on the road in Thailand, I feels saver. I have seen way too many irresponsible, careless, bad-tempered drivers in Thailand. Once I even told the driver to slow down, and he laughed that this is the first time a customer told him this. Well, I rather be late then never.

Regards

VueT :

I did that using phone and to check the distance to the city as well, I thought most of the houses in Chiang Mai are like this?

I think this may be what we call a "townhouse".
Yes, the pictures are of individual houses, and don't show that they are built in a row.

Well, as long as all of Palm Springs' buildings are still standing after this monsoon, they must be built well.  :/

Ruffian Dick :

Well, as long as all of Palm Springs' buildings are still standing after this monsoon, they must be built well.  :/

Ha! I will watch out for this... thanks for the advice.

Regards.

VueT, are these homes sold as "condominiums"? Can you buy "freehold" (like a condo) or are these actually leased?

Hi Ruffian Dick,

They are not listed as private condo and can't be owned by foreigner.
Im getting it through my wife's name.

Anyway im not getting it as of now. After much considerations.
Will see other properties when I stationed there for at least few months, get to know the area and others well enough first. Is going to be a chunk of money out and im not going to risk it. Anyway Thai baht is holding strong against our currency... believe will slide.

Regards

Expatriate health insurance in Chiang Mai

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Chiang Mai

Moving to Chiang Mai

Find tips from professionals about moving to Chiang Mai

Travel insurance in Chiang Mai

Enjoy stress-free travel to Chiang Mai

Flights to Chiang Mai

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Chiang Mai