Naturalisation and citizenship in the Seychelles

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in the Seychelles? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in the Seychelles? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Seychellois citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

Hi,

I am no expert, but from what I understand it is near impossible to become a citizen in Seychelles unless:

A) you marry a local
B) do a "under the table deal"

I have heard of people having had lived in a seychelles for 8 years and are still applying for a GOP each year.

The Seychellois passport is a very powerful one and it is one that I think most would find extremely convenient. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that it is so difficult.

Just my view.

Cheers

If your partner is a citizen and your married, you can apply for a dependants visa.  Then after all the checks have been done and it's approved, you can obtain a work permit which you can pay for annually.

The only reason I know is because I recently made enquiries at the passports office in Seychelles.

Hope this helps.

But I think its not easy even to get a partner in Seychelles . but may be a work permit sounds easier than marrying.

Hello mr jasyworld

Please can i have your contact, because i somethings to discuss with you please.
Please drop me your contact or you can just write me to my email or my phone number *** or +***
Thanks

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct