Naturalisation and citizenship in Mozambique

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Mozambique? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Mozambique? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Mozambican citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

Dear Sir/ Madam

Changing your Nationality to Mozambican offers very little advantages, As citizen I don't see you getting housing, healthcare , education, fair legal treatment , or any other benefits that come with most developing or developed countries.
You are better off as a foreigner because once they know you are  a foreigner there is always some respect and the fear of your embassy intervening.
Keep your Nationality don't throw it away.

Hi Musa,

Thank you for your advice.

Is it even possible to become a citizen, and are there any requirements like lingual ?

Are citizens allowed to own land or some other similar benefits.

Kind Regards,

Kean

Dear sir,

It is a pleasure to here from you.
It is possible to be a citizen if you have the patience, you must have been here legally for more than 10 years, then you qualify to apply.
You also must be willing to surrender your current citizen, dual citizenship is not allowed.
Even as a foreigner you can own land and I guarantee you there is a lot of land here, you can by registering a company in your Name then use the company to buy property and I feel and think this is the best way to go.
Regards

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

It sounds very strait forward and simple.

Although, I have the feeling that in the end it is not.

Br. Kean

On point true that boss...