Naturalisation and citizenship in Egypt

Hello everyone,

What are the requirements for acquiring citizenship in Egypt? For example, length of residence, language requirements, employment etc..

What formalities are involved in the process?

What is the policy on dual-citizenship in Egypt? Do you have to give up your former nationality?

What are the advantages and benefits of acquiring Egyptian citizenship, in your opinion?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bhavna

you have to stay in Egypt for 10 years , then apply for Egyptian citizenship .

http://lawyer-egy.com/law-projects/how- … mined.html

hi bhavna,

Sorry I dnt have any idea about as I am an expat here and my husband is an american citizen and I am a filipina.

Hi
I don't really know what all the requirements are to obtain Egyptian citizenship so I can only think of one benefit that would make a difference.  Expats and tourist have to pay a higher price for entry in to most tourist public places This fee is quite a lot higher than the average Egyptian pays. There is also price discrimination when it come to booking hotels, renting houses apartments etc. Medical assistance and some pharmacy incidentals
I also believe some western countries are trying to cancel dual citizenship, which I personally think is a good idea
As a resident expat I get very annoyed being discriminated against when it comes to paying out landish entry fees
We, expats come here to to learn, work or as a tourist enjoy the history and culture of Egypt. Unfortunately, we go away feeling ripped off most of the time, especially if your tourist.

My husband is Egyptian. I had no idea it was possible to have Egyptian nationality until we happened to see a sign at the Mugamma. I don't remember the paperwork we needed but I do remember being told, "You have everything you need. Come back in two years!"

We did and I got my Egyptian ID card. This exempts me from visa requirements, allows me to work and vote, and allows me to pay local prices at hotels and tourist attractions.

I do not have an Egyptian passport and retain my American citizenship.

what a solution to get egyptian citizenship ?

i am volunteer  :D

Yes good solution. I must admit I haven't heard about this before. But in saying that. I guess it's kept quite from expats for obvious reasons.

Actually you don't have to wait 10 years  for residency if you are married to a local

;)

yes tell me how I can get the citizenship for Egypt

except for marriage......

not even the 10 years guarantees you citizenship...

it is always up to the person accepting the application...

I need to be a citizen as I live in Egypt and never get a visa

always an excuse not to give me a visa....

always every year another thing to do

no matter how many papers you have no VISA

Hi Laady 24
You know I know of quite a few expat women who like you had problems getting visa. They actually married a local either legitimately or by orfi and then  got their visa's without any problem. Never saw their so called husband again.  I know the price for visa has increased to 1000  pounds per year just to make things a bit more difficult. Still it's probable cheaper than most western countries
Egypt is no different now days to any other country. You have to be married to a local or have employee sponsor -ship
There is no easy way anymore

yes but when my friend asked to marry he wanted 30,000 is $1,660 not worth is

I come and go so far for 11 years with no problem

I have friends that buy my tickets and big items like takeef and furniture

and live very well in Egypt..travel all over with friends

I live in Egypt on 7,000 or $400 a month and have more than I have in any other country

and Egyptian people are wonderful to me, I never want to leave Egypt except to visit my mother every year

never had a problem coming and going just scared their will always be that day

so thank you but no thank you

So, I don't nderstand your problem?

i am very surprised, this is the first time i see ppls want Egyptian citizenship .

really many of my friends want get a different  citizenship ( ameriacn , European , and Canadian )    .

i am very excited  :cool:

laady24 wrote:

yes but when my friend asked to marry he wanted 30,000 is $1,660 not worth is

I come and go so far for 11 years with no problem

I have friends that buy my tickets and big items like takeef and furniture

and live very well in Egypt..travel all over with friends

I live in Egypt on 7,000 or $400 a month and have more than I have in any other country

and Egyptian people are wonderful to me, I never want to leave Egypt except to visit my mother every year

never had a problem coming and going just scared their will always be that day

so thank you but no thank you

is your friend want from you 16660$ to marry you ?!!  .

if that right , he must be a scammer , and impostor  , take care

I'm interested to employment in Egypt and residence,  how can I do to get a job in Egypt?, and by the way I am an Algerian woman.

Hi biso

you can find many jobs via those web sites

https://wuzzuf.net/signup/joinow?gclid= … Aoik8P8HAQhttps://www.linkedin.com/jobs/https://www.bayt.com/en/egypt/https://www.facebook.com/groups/jobsinegyptforeigners/

which you can find best job for you

Would you be able to tell what is required to get residency? Many thanks

in Egypt Marry an Egyptian National takes about 2 years...or live there 10 years

IF I WERE YOU I SELECT SHORT PATH  :cool:

you have some one in mind to help me?????

yes that is why I do not marry in Egypt all want to leave I want to stay

very strange .... but I have lived all over the world I love Egypt

so here I am this year is my 11 year so I will try to get the citizenship...

wish me luck because if I do not get it  I will cry

and cry and cry I love Egypt

first you have to get apartment rent contract and go to your area zone police station to the immigrant officer and he will give you 6 months resident and by that resident you will be able to open bank account

Oh thanks for the links I appreciate your time, thank you very much

not work that way any more you have to go to the government building

in your area and get the contract there on their forms and bring the owner with you

you both fill it out there and get it stamped by the government

then go to the visa place in your area and apply for the vise cost money

and a three month visa now 500 EGP last year a one year visa was 98 EGP

good luck maybe they changed all ready

every thing changed the first of March 2017........my sister went back to Sudan her visa was

only broken by two weeks cost her 1,200 or 1,500

I can introduce you to a very good lawyer if you want

I wish you luck to get citizenship .