What is the real benefit of changing profession on Iqama...?

What are the real advantages of changing profession on Iqama in Saudi Arabia?
Is there any unique benefit o get change you profession on Iqama?
00966 59 171 4191

The top-most reason to upgrade your profession is to be eligible to sponsor family /visit visa.

On a side note, your profession should match the business of your future sponsor. For example, if your profession is Auto (Car) Electrician, you can't transfer to a sponsor whose business is Information Technology, Construction, etc.

O so helpful khurram bhai. Can you tell me the cost of living with family here in saudi arabia per month?
approximate figure?

Hi. It's also for your safety. Sometimes MOL/MOI is doing a random checking. They go to the office and check your iqama. If they found out that your profession is different from work position, the company will be penalized. Also, if you have a good position in your iqama, you can easily go to GCC. Bank issue as well. There is a minimum amount you can send or sometimes deposit base on your iqama profession. I suggest you change yours.
:)

Dear it varies according to everyone's standard. I have seen people living here within 1500- as bachelor as well as in 3500/- with family but generally there life style can be called miserable; can't get any worse. It only climb upwards from here. The recent introduction of dependent fees has really mold the curve quite steep.

I believe there are similar topics been discussed here before in these forums. Use the search feature for keywords like "cost of living" and you will get loads of information. After that, if you have still need of clarification, you can PM me.

chaddyqui wrote:

Hi. It's also for your safety. Sometimes MOL/MOI is doing a random checking. They go to the office and check your iqama.

1- If they found out that your profession is different from work position, the company will be penalized.

2- Also, if you have a good position in your iqama, you can easily go to GCC.

3- Bank issue as well. There is a minimum amount you can send or sometimes deposit base on your iqama profession.

I suggest you change yours.
:)

All very valid ones...  :top:

Dear Chaud, Thank you so much..... :)

Thanks :) Those are actually based on my experience. Better change yours and i strongly suggest it. Have a good day!

Khurram bhai i really acknowledge your assistance.
Thank you again... :)