English Teacher etc.

Hi

I'm been to Vietnam more than 30 times in the last 14 years. I love the country, people, food and weather. :)  I have only positive things to say about the  country.

My wife is Vietnamese and we have decided to settle here. We live in Tayninh province but I am looking for English teaching work in HCMC.

Chow.

Long commute!

An apartment will take care of that. :)

Of course I was kidding but actually an intensive weekend schedule maybe could free you up enough to spend the rest of the week in Tay Ninh.   I know that sounds like something I could go for; life in the country with just a touch of city life.  It might be tough to get that much work all at one school, so you might need two employers and teach mostly teens as it's weekends.  Most center classes for adults are unfortunately MWF or TTh evenings.  If you could concentrate your schedule enough, I bet you could simply contract with a small local hotel for a good price and not have to deal with an apartment.

You also may want to focus on areas north and west of the airport like D12, Go Vap and Tan Phu.

Excellent advice! It's something I never considered.
Appreciate it. Thanks.

The country life is pretty laid back for sure.

And well thought out. You are obviously an English teacher.
I trust you are enjoying your time in Vietnam.