Manilla Hotels

I arriving in Manila July 16 430 in the morning can any one recommend a decent hotel in the $60-$70 price range .
My concerns are
1. Getting to hotel with out surprises at that hour?
2. I like taking early morning  and evening walks I'm not a wuss an can take care of my self but I also don't want to invite trouble .

what terminal are you arriving at?

I'm not sure yet.

with whom are you flying with? If you have made a booking it will be on your itinerary.

I only ask this because I know of a reasonably priced hotel near terminal 4 which has a pick up service from any terminal.

But to answer your question about walking around in the morning your best bet is to pay a little extra and stay at the hotels near terminal 3, where you can safely walk around in the morning.

Hi Peter,

Onemore's answer is probably the easiest bet for you.  I can give you more options as well.

Book any hotel you want.  The safest/most favorable neighborhoods within 30min of the airport are the Greenbelt area of Makati, and Bonifacio Global city of Taguig.

Upon arrival, you can take a cab, but be wary of getting ripped off.  The cabs outside arrivals will be charging PHP700+ ($14) for a PHP150-200 ride.  Better to go up to the departures area of your terminal, and flag a cab as its dropping someone off.  Make sure they use the meter.

In lieu of a cab, you can hail a car using the Grab or Uber smartphone apps.  This allows you to enter your exact destination to avoid confusion, and gives greater transparency and accountability.  Download the app ahead of time.  When arriving at the airport, purchase a prepaid SIM card at the airport after making your way through customs.  Also purchase a "load", any amount over PHP100 will do.  Load the balance on to your SIM, and you can now hail an uber or grab.  If this falls through, try the airport wifi or the cabs at the departure area.

To save on data costs, I text "gotscombodd70" to 8080 to get 1GB of data and 1000 texts for one week for PHP70.

If you have any questions about the Philippines feel free to message me.

Best,

Rob