Internet providers and Costs in Belize

Wondering what the costs of initial access and ongoing subscription are for internet in Belize - also are there choices in carriers?  Is there a difference in service and in prices?  Things to be wary of?

Thanks,

dsscott

BTL is the main internet provider in Belize w/ speeds of up to 2MB currently, but plans to increase.  It's actually quite fast in my opinion.

For non-citizens, you must pay a $1000 BZD deposit on the modem.  Then plans vary cost wise depending on the speed you want, anywhere from what I've seen of about $90 BZD to $220 BZD a month.

Nothing to be wary of.  I've moved once and they refunded my deposit.  The only complaint is how slow customer service is when you come in for a problem.  Other than that I've been quite happy.

I know in San Pedro Coral Cable offered internet, but I heard from others it was very, very slow! Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.  The information is helpful.  With regards,

Don Scott

I live in the capital city of Belmopan and I paid a $500 BZD deposit and was told it would be refundable in two years.  I don't use a home phone but have to pay for the line to have the internet which makes my payments $168.7 5BZD a month with taxes included.

Central Cable Vision also offers internet.  So do DigiCell and Smart.  Not sure if deposits apply or what the rates would be with them.

Thank you for the information.  I am trying to gather as much as I can so as to be able to make the best choice for us and where we will be in Belize (Corazal area). 

Best wishes,

Don Scott

Hello! greetings from Dangriga.
We have Smart Internet cost of set-up was $360.00 BZ and $56.00BZ montly it is to be 3g my march. some of our friends have another carrier with high speed they pay about 120.00 month and not sure of connect fee. Just depends on where you want to live. Hope this helps Have a good one! gmabrown