Visa extension for employment opportunity

Hi All,

Looking for advice regarding a little bit of a dilemma... I'm currently about to run out of time on my 3 month tourist visa (been doing the in and out for a little while now which will become important a little later in the post) i've previously been employed in Singapore and JKT however always had my sights set on Malaysia as i have family here... I've finally been offered work including a visa however i'd rather not run the risk, deal with the bother of doing a couple of nights overseas to renew my Tourist visa while my new employer applies and then goes through stage 1 clearance...

So to my question! I was wondering if anyone has any experience of being able to extend a tourist visa down in Putrajaya citing an offer letter from their new potential employer and if this is a viable way of me dodging having to go cross bored for a few days

Any help would be massively appreciated

Yes, I think you can extend a tourist visa, but a new rule came into force in August 2016 which said that candidates have to be either outside Malaysia while the Stage I is being processed or leave the country and re-enter before the Stage II is completed.

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/services/peop … 016%20.pdf