How to make friends in Yokohama

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Yokohama :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Yokohama??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hello,
I'll arrive to Yokohama at beginning of next year, and I would like to meet people to go out and make friendship.

I'll arrive to Yokohama at beginning of next year as well.  Please email me with an introduction and maybe we can explore the city together. Talk to you then
E

I sent you an email, I hope you receive it.  Otherwise please let me know.

I'd be landing there in a month from now, drop me an email too and we can form a network and explore places

Hello all,

I just moved to Yokohama and am interested in meeting some new people to explore the city.  Please send me a message if you are interested in the same.

Cheers! :)

Me too! My husband works all day and it's getting very lonely here. Anyone up for a cup of coffee or some shopping? Maybe see some museums or a movie?

Woowoo, brilliant, I am also moving to Yokohama in the new year, would love to receive any and all emails or possible friend requests via fb

Hi, I have been here for about a month. Looking for female friendship, as hubby works all day! Shovon it sounds like we are in similar positions? Im defo up for coffee its getting lonely coffee on my own! :)

That sounds fun Meloney! I wish I had someone my first month to help me out. Are you free this week for girl time?

yeah I stumbled upon this website looking for expat fun in Yokohama, lucky I found your post! Yeah I am free this week. Ill inbox you

I lived in Yokohama, in Chinatown near Motomachi for 3 years and loved it.

You should pop up to the Yokohama Country and Athletic Club in Yamate - it's both a members based club but does offer social activities for non members (at slightly higher prices)
There's always someone there during the day having a coffee, or finishing a pilates or gym class.

Starbucks on Motomachi is always busy after school drop offs with mums chatting and planning the weeks activities.

There's The International Womens Club Yokohama who run all sorts of social events, tours, Ikebana classes, and other activities.

Minami Circle is another International Womens Club tho their m'ship is skewed Japanese. But they do lovely things and are very welcoming.

Tokyo has a plethora of International Womens Clubs and TAC (Tokyo American Club)

There's also a number of schools teaching Japanese where you're bound to make a new friend

There's really no need for an expat to be lonely in Yokohama or Tokyo!
Good luck