Living in Cartegena and loving it?

Would like to hear from expat retirees on resident visa who can answer the titled question and state why. It would also be helpful if you're not loving it, or made the wrong choice, and why. Thanks

I just visited Cartagena in late January and did not like it at all. The old city, however, has some beautiful ancient architecture.

I have been to Medellin 4 times with a fifth trip coming at the end of this month. Amor Medellin. Although Cartagena has the advantage of location on the Caribbean that's about it. The beach and water quality are not all that nice. I currently live in northwest Florida and I'm use to pristine beach and water quality. Another thing about Cartagena, being a tourist destination, is the ubiquitous presence of street hucksters and hustlers after the tourist dollar. You can't walk a block from your hotel without being accosted and shaken down to buy something. It wears on you.

This rarely, if ever happens in Medellin. That plus the perfect weather, gracious people and stunningly beautiful women make it my favorite place to visit and retire to ASAP.

I agree with woody932.  While I enjoyed the old town part of Cartagena and viewing of the fort.  The beaches were filthy and I too, tired of people seeming to always push their wares upon my wife and I.  Plus, I didn't care for the taxi's not having a meter.  Basically, they can charge whatever they want.

My wife stated that this will be the first and last time to visit Cartagena.