Planning my trip down there

Okay, so business, my Boss' heart attack canceled my Spring trip down there, which I thought was a great time to visit.
I don't wish to wait till next Spring to come down.

Fall this year. Have to skip the summer season.. Heat, humidity, rain.. No I won't be there anyway with the retirement plans.

So, September, October, November? Thoughts folks please.
Also works with retirement plans as to when to arrive..

Have a bit to research on a Fall trip and have a Honey to please,, Had the Spring run in place (bases covered).
Any help will be appreciated,  Which month?

November is end of Hurricane season so maybe better weather?
Also cooler than Sept and October.

The later in November the better.  September into October is very  wet due to tropical depressions and hurricanes. Late November is the end of all that with less rain and as December approaches the weather just gets better. You probably do not want to drive in the mountains with all that rain.

Thanks guys! I have a Honey to please and she willing gave up the trip due to what happened.. Ya just have to love this woman! Well, not you guys.. Me!

I need to give her something this year! I had a feeling the timing was off..

Retirement plans would be to arrive probably early January. Spend Christmas up here then travel.. Do have this tradition of skiing on New Years Day!  Yet visiting during my Birthday week in December sounds kinds interesting..

Mark, we shall talk!
Thinking it will be Mid January. Anticipating what real life would be and want her to see that! Will need a room, a drink and a lot of conversation! 

Again, thank you for the input.

I agree with all of the suggestions already provided.  The later the better ... November or early December ... the weather gets a lot cooler.