Which residence permit type in Turkey am I eligable for

NON-TURKISH APPLICANT GENERAL INFORMATION

Providing parallelism in practise of international law and international law rules has a place in creating a system respecting human dignity and in preventing violations of human rights. Within this scope, foreigners in our country have various rights and obligations. Residency permits form a legal basis for the stay of foreigners in our country within the framework of these rights and obligations.According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458, a residence permit document shall stand for the permit issued for the purpose of staying in Turkey. This document granted by competent authorities entitles the right to reside in specific locations Istanbul, Bursa, Trabzon, Ankara, Izmır, Antalya in Turkey for a given period of time.

http://residencepermitturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/turkish-ikamet-residence-permit-id-card-turkey.png

WHAT ARE THE RESIDENCE PERMIT TYPES ISSUED IN TURKEY

Residence permit which is of great importance in terms of the provision and protection of public order shall be issued following the request and application by the foreigner together with the required documents providing s/he fulfils the related conditions. The Republic of Turkey, Ministry Of Interior Directorate General Of Migration Management Office issues six types of residence permit that shall be regulated by Article 30 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458.

http://residencepermitturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/directorate-migration-antalya-goc-idaresi-turkiye-1.jpg

▶    1. WHO CAN APPLY FOR SHORT TERM RESIDENCE PERMIT

Non-turkish citizens who want to stay longer in Turkey than the entry visa (more than 30 – 90 days) for touristic stay or stay to work should immediately apply within 30 days of arrival for this residence permit. This is the most common residence permit issued minimum 3 months to maximum two-year period each time, and must be renewed up to 60 days before the expiration date.

NOTE: Turkish government legislation change now allows residence permit holders who complete 60 months continous stay in Turkey (max 6 months stay abroad) lifetime Turkish citizenship, e-passport and national ID.

▶    2. WHO CAN APPLY FOR FAMILY RESIDENCE PERMIT

Family residence permit maybe granted to the foreign spouse, foreign children or foreign minor children of their spouse, and dependent foreign children or dependent foreign children of their spouse of Turkish citizens. A family residence permit is issued for a maximum duration of three-year period at a time and cannot exceed the duration of the sponsor's residence permit under any circumstances.

▶     3. WHO CAN APPLY FOR STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT

Non-turkish nationals who shall receive primary or secondary education and who do not hold a family residence permit or who shall attend an associate, undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate programme or receive education for speciality in medicine or dentistry are issued student residence permits. A one-year duration student residence permit may be granted and renewed throughout the course of their study.

▶     4. WHO CAN APPLY FOR LONG TERM RESIDENCE PERMIT

A long-term residence permit shall be issued to non-turkish nationals that have continuously resided in Turkey for at least an eight-year period on a permit or to foreigners that meet the conditions set out by the Migration Policies Board. Refugees, conditional refugees and subsidiary protection beneficiaries as well as persons under temporary protection or humanitarian residence permit holders are not entitled to the right of transfer to a long-term residence permit. The long-term residence permit is indefinate and never renewed.

▶     5. WHO CAN APPLY FOR HUMANITARIAN RESIDENCE PERMIT

Where the best interest of the child is of concern; Where there is a judicial appeal against the actions carried out pursuant to Articles 53, 72 and 77; The removal actions of the applicant to the first country of asylum or a safe third country; In cases when foreigners should be allowed to enter into and stay in Turkey, due to emergency or in view of the protection of the national interests as well as reasons of public order and security; In the absence of the possibility to obtain one of the other types of residence permits due to their situation that precludes granting a residence permit; In an extraordinary circumstance, the humanitarian residence permit may be issued.

▶     6. WHO CAN APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING

A residence permit for victims of human trafficking shall be granted to foreigners who are victims of human trafficking or where there is strong circumstantial evidence that they might be victims. The residence permit for victims of human trafficking shall be issued for thirty days  by governorates. The residence permit may be renewed for six months periods. However, the total duration shall not exceed three-years.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

FOR NATION CITIZENS WHO MAY NOT USE E-VISA ONLINE SYSTEM DUE TO THE SCHENGEN VISA REQUIREMENT and must obtain the sticker visa instead, should present their Residence Permit APPROVED Application Form as official government invitation from Turkey for reference to the Turkish embassy or consulate abroad during the sticker visa request, and to reason legal purpose to the government appointment they must attend in person granted to their passport number and name. You will then be issued the sticker visa. GET READY TO TRAVEL TO TURKEY.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=675302

Merhaba, and thanks for sending me a connection request. Since my pm are blocked for unknown reason, I am writing you here. I am currently a pakistani citizen and working in a group of companies in finance department. Sir I want to immigrate to Turkey. Can you guide me how can I immigrate? plus how can I secure a decent job in Turkey, as I have filled my gmail sent folder with numerous job applications but no success at all! Your valuable advisory will be highly appreciated. Awaiting for your reply. My email is xx
Mahroz Ahmed

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct