Ordering Items from AMAZON.COM

Has anyone had experience with ordering products, goods or services with Amazon.com.  if so would you please share the good, the bad and the ugly. I see that they will ship to Brasil I am wondering about duties and customs cost. I am looking at small items not necessary electronics and if there are any prohibited items.
thanks in advance

I've  never  had  a problem  or with Ebay.  Just takes  longer   than  normal

It's hit or miss when getting things through customs, if your CPF# is readily available somewhere in the description of package it seems to come through fairly easy, but I've had some complications and either had to pay taxes or item was returned. None were electronic items either.

I order books regularly and if the description is correct "book" or "livro" it will be delivered at no cost. Some venders decide to put "printed material" which is a taxable item here in Brasil. A little frustrating to say the least and you need to pay taxes and then try to get the money back with an attempted to prove its a book.

I think the better option is to have Prime Amazon and ship to a company in the US who specializes in repackaging these items for you. They then send you these packages for a small fee with the paperwork correct. It's still not 100% effective without having complications, but the percentage of packages making it with no problems is a lot higher. These people are professionals and do a great job packing your new box. You can also have multiple items shipped to them and packed together.

A simple internet search can find some of these companies or private message me for the one I am using right now.

CraigF wrote:

It's hit or miss when getting things through customs, if your CPF# is readily available somewhere in the description of package it seems to come through fairly easy, but I've had some complications and either had to pay taxes or item was returned. None were electronic items either.

I order books regularly and if the description is correct "book" or "livro" it will be delivered at no cost. Some venders decide to put "printed material" which is a taxable item here in Brasil. A little frustrating to say the least and you need to pay taxes and then try to get the money back with an attempted to prove its a book.

I think the better option is to have Prime Amazon and ship to a company in the US who specializes in repackaging these items for you. They then send you these packages for a small fee with the paperwork correct. It's still not 100% effective without having complications, but the percentage of packages making it with no problems is a lot higher. These people are professionals and do a great job packing your new box. You can also have multiple items shipped to them and packed together.

A simple internet search can find some of these companies or private message me for the one I am using right now.

I am interested in Remote Controlled Airplanes and Helicopters on Small Scales ,does anyone know of prohibitions? Also is there a restrictions on Bump and Go toys for kids.

Would anyone know who the delivery agent is for Amazon.com, is there a duty/fee assessed on items and is there a surcharge for delivery. Craig thanks for the info on the folks you use. Just inquiring on regular  delivery and the carrier of Amazon orders.

Does anyone know if there is Duty or Custom fees associated with Ordering Items from Amazon or Ebay??????

I wanted to order two items "Kites" each box was about $32.00 usd each, okay so that's $64.00 plus about $21.00 shipping. Okay the bad news the duty and customs was $80.00
total $165.00 usd. I'm out!!/lol
I'll just wait to travel back to Walmart. smh/lol

Ouch!  Sorry to hear that!  Seems like I won't be flying any kites around here anytime soon.

brazilshopus wrote:

Not sure if this helps but you should check out Brazilshop.us for Brazilian related apparel and accessories that might be of interest to you!

Brazilshop.us

Do they  they sell kites and remote control Airplanes and Dunkin Donuts Coffee or Seattle's Best Coffee and Waffle mix. Got enough ropas/clothes.

Any goods except books are taxed in Brazil! Around 51% federal tax and 35% state tax. Some states don't charge. If they use storage at any airport that's another charge(Federal Express).

People fly remote controlled planes and helicopters in Brazil all the time. Kites are also not prohibited.

There are companies that especially deliver to Brazil. You can buy on-line and let them deliver here with the correct paperwork. Just Google it and find these companies.

robal

robal wrote:

Any goods except books are taxed in Brazil! Around 51% federal tax and 35% state tax. Some states don't charge. If they use storage at any airport that's another charge(Federal Express).

People fly remote controlled planes and helicopters in Brazil all the time. Kites are also not prohibited.

There are companies that especially deliver to Brazil. You can buy on-line and let them deliver here with the correct paperwork. Just Google it and find these companies.

robal

Will the taxes still apply if I use a designated shipper or will the shipper be able to bypass the tax man ?

For it may be cheaper to fly home and buy the things I want and bring them back as luggage.

I will be going back to the states next year and will order all the things I want.

I understand the paperwork , yet the storage and the taxation would be the killer part. If the taxes are 85% of the value on each item  after 10 orders say @$150 usd each, I could have flown to Miami got a hotel room for a week and had a vacation and a shopping trip (lol)
Thanks for the info as it all helps.

Any goods coming from abroad whether from shipping companies or individuals automatically pass thru customs (alfandega) at the first port of entry like São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport. They will impose their federal taxes. When it arrives at the state you live in, the alfandega at the airport of the state you live in will impose their own state taxes. No one is safe from taxes in Brazil. Of all the countries I know, the citizens or residents of Brazil pay the highest taxes of all. That's why the cost of living is high especially in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. What's really saving everyone is the lower cost of labor in Brazil. Many Brazilians if not majority evade taxes especially people in business I know of.

Solution for a lower tax if only used for personal enjoyment: Let a relative buy it for you in the states. They can state the purpose as a gift to you and put lower prizes. They should make sure that all labels and price tags are removed. Alfandega cannot dispute that because it's a gift to you from someone. They just have to trust what was stated on the declaration paper. Now if you buy ten of the same item then customs will view it as a
commercial purpose and will be taxed accordingly. If you decide to accompany those
items from the US to Brazil, the limit is $500. Any excess you have to pay taxes.

robal

I suddenly remembered that individuals sell those items on e-bay. You can request that since it's being shipped overseas, and you will pay exorbitant taxes in Brazil, thay should
give you a favorable merchandise declaration like a lower price although you pay them
the regular price. A friend used to sell to Australians thru e-bay and he regularly received those kind of requests. You can also do that on Amazon.com from people selling their own. You just have to contact them. Then you can buy 10 items of the same kind.

robal