Close

Ordering Items from AMAZON.COM

Has anyone had experience with ordering products, goods or services with Amazon.com.  if so would you please share the good, the bad and the ugly. I see that they will ship to Brasil I am wondering about duties and customs cost. I am looking at small items not necessary electronics and if there are any prohibited items.
thanks in advance

I've  never  had  a problem  or with Ebay.  Just takes  longer   than  normal

It's hit or miss when getting things through customs, if your CPF# is readily available somewhere in the description of package it seems to come through fairly easy, but I've had some complications and either had to pay taxes or item was returned. None were electronic items either.

I order books regularly and if the description is correct "book" or "livro" it will be delivered at no cost. Some venders decide to put "printed material" which is a taxable item here in Brasil. A little frustrating to say the least and you need to pay taxes and then try to get the money back with an attempted to prove its a book.

I think the better option is to have Prime Amazon and ship to a company in the US who specializes in repackaging these items for you. They then send you these packages for a small fee with the paperwork correct. It's still not 100% effective without having complications, but the percentage of packages making it with no problems is a lot higher. These people are professionals and do a great job packing your new box. You can also have multiple items shipped to them and packed together.

A simple internet search can find some of these companies or private message me for the one I am using right now.

CraigF :

It's hit or miss when getting things through customs, if your CPF# is readily available somewhere in the description of package it seems to come through fairly easy, but I've had some complications and either had to pay taxes or item was returned. None were electronic items either.

I order books regularly and if the description is correct "book" or "livro" it will be delivered at no cost. Some venders decide to put "printed material" which is a taxable item here in Brasil. A little frustrating to say the least and you need to pay taxes and then try to get the money back with an attempted to prove its a book.

I think the better option is to have Prime Amazon and ship to a company in the US who specializes in repackaging these items for you. They then send you these packages for a small fee with the paperwork correct. It's still not 100% effective without having complications, but the percentage of packages making it with no problems is a lot higher. These people are professionals and do a great job packing your new box. You can also have multiple items shipped to them and packed together.

A simple internet search can find some of these companies or private message me for the one I am using right now.

I am interested in Remote Controlled Airplanes and Helicopters on Small Scales ,does anyone know of prohibitions? Also is there a restrictions on Bump and Go toys for kids.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil

Flights to Brazil

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Brazil