Close

I would like to apply for UK Work Visa here in KSA

I am a Filipino citizen and I'm about to NOT RENEW my work contract here in Saudi Arabia. Before my Saudi work contract ends, I have been applying online to a lot of UK job ads, and luckily I was interviewed at some point. However, most of the concerns of my potential employer was "can I process my UK Work Visa while I'm still here in Saudi Arabia or do I still need to go back to the Philippines (my country of citizenship) to process the said visa?"

My hope is that I can process it here, so that I can immediately go to the UK after or even before my work contract ends (that is if I have to resign before my contract ends). But if I do have to go back to the Philippines to process my UK Sponsorship Visa, then I will not renew my work contract here and just go to the Philippines and apply from there.

So can anyone answer my primary question:
As a Filipino citizen, can I process my UK Work Visa while I'm still here in Saudi Arabia, do VFS Global accept this kind of case, or do I still need to go back to the Philippines (my country of citizenship) to process the said visa?

Thank you

Hi Dear,

I think you are doing smart job here (saudi arabia). If you are doing smart job here. You can easily migrate to UK. There are many immigration firm in UAE & Qartar. Please communicate with them by mail. They will send you the procedure.

Thanks,
Mohammed Abdul Wadud
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

i think you would need to go back to the home country because there is a substantial amount of work required to get a working visa. I know this for a fact that i processed my working visa for saudi in my home country and it required lots of things to be done.

Also, did you go to UK to give your interview or did you do it on skype? Its also super important to consider the current situation of UK (Brexit etc) for weighing your chances of Actually getting a visa.

I also suspect, but i am not sure, its always the employee responsibility to get paper work done for expat visas and companies are usually reluctant to do that. In your case, is your company (for which you interviewed) willing to issue you work visa?

Moving to Jeddah

Find tips from professionals about moving to Jeddah

Travel insurance in Jeddah

Enjoy stress-free travel to Jeddah

Flights to Jeddah

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Jeddah