S.O.S! I need info about flights to peru

Hi I'm katie and I'm from the philippines. I would love to visit peru but is having a hard time looking for flights to get there. I'd really appreciate if Filipinos in Peru help me with this.. thanks a lot...

Hi, I am currently in Lima, Peru.
The best way for a Filipino to get into Peru is to book a flight via Europe. Most international airports there don't require transit visas. I usually take KLM flights via Amsterdam. Filipinos don't need visa to enter Peru. Just make sure you have all required documents, like accommodation details and return flight ticket. I am assuming that you will come to Peru as a tourist.
Hope this info helps.

Hey! Thanks, I found a flight Thailand- Russia-France-Brazil and finally Lima.. and Thailand-Germany-Brazil and Lima...but Ill check that KLM flight .. thank you so much..:) what other documents aside from my passport and return flight tickets do i need?

Hi,

I actually use KLM most of the times. This current business trip, I took a KLM flight from Singapore to Amsterdam. The flight departure from Singapore is at 12:20Midnight and reaches Amsterdam at past 7am, same day, with flying hours of around 13hours. Then the KLM flight to Lima leaves Amsterdam at 12:30noon the same day reaching Lima at past 6pm the same day(another 13hour-flight). Because of 13hours difference, it takes 12:20am to 6:30pm the same day for a 30plus hours of flight, including transit(around 5hours).
Based on your reply, I see that the flights you found will take you more than 2 days to reach Lima. The KLM flights will take you around 30Hours only, including transit at Schipol airport in Amsterdam. Good thing about Schipol airport is that it has a transit hotel inside - in the worst case scenario of missing the connecting flight, you have a place to stay in without needing to leave the airport. I believe you know we need visa to enter Amsterdam (Schengen area of Europe, so a Schengen visa is needed, and that visa take around a month to process!) You can visit klm.com to check available flights. Buy your tickect from a travel agent - it's cheaper.
The other very important thing is a travel insurance. You can buy it from the agent, if you want.
Just wondering, what do you want to do in Lima? I am here on a business trip, in Lima.
You will have to fly to Singapore first, before flying to Amsterdam. You have to add these flying hours plus transit via SG to the 30plus hours to Lima.

wow.. you have been so helpful. Thank you..i wanna visit my friend and his family there. I wanna go to machu picchu, nasca trail, eat cui and ride a llama too!=) i have a friend thats going there in october.im gonna wait for her feedback.. it's my first time to visit another continent and i heard south america has almost the same climate as ours here in the Philippines..I just really wanna travel..=)

Hi,

I think I should tell you that it's not really the same climate there in Pinas and here in Peru or other places in South America. South America actually has 4 seasons, too, and that winter here is summer in North America. Been to Brazil and Bolivia for some times too, so I have experienced it. It's Fall season here in Peru now, temperature ranging from 15 to 25 degress Celsius in Lima. And almost no rain, dry soil evverywhere. Temperature varies depending on which part of Peru or South America you are in. If you are planning to visit Machu Picchu and Inca trail, make sure you plan properly. Transport is not really that convvenient, domestically. Food is different. I went to a clinic in SIngapore for a yellow fever vaccination before I started visiting South America. It is recommended, and sometimes required by some countries. For Peru, it's optional. You better check the weather in your destination before your trip. You can use google easily for that. Depending on the result, you will know what and how many jackets/sweaters you need. For your reference, 1USD is equivalent to around 2.77 Peruvian Neuvos Soles (or just Soles, locally). There are many Chinese restaurants here, so you may have some taste of Asian food sometimes. Standard expenses if you are planning to eat out everyday is 50 to 70 Soles per day. From that, you can count the dollars that you will need.

(moderated: off topic + please avoid copy paste message on all the forums. thank you)

Hello Aoz,
I'd read your information about Peru. I wonder about the "Schengen visa" when entering Amsterdam-my friend will use KLM for my flight.
How much do you think I need for my monthly expenses in Peru with just simple life?
Look forward to hear from you..
Regards :)
HT

con 250 dolares o 300 dolares puedes vivir tranquila un mes :|

Hi clandestino99!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

Hi Karren,

I am not so sure if you are referring to me as Aoz. I am just assumming you shortened A0toz9, and it took me monnths before giving a reply - sorry for that.

Anyways....

Schengen visa - you will have to apply for it as it is needed to enter Amsterdam(Netherleands) or any part of Schengen territory. But transitting through Amsterdam would not need a visa.

For expenses in Peru - as Clandestino99 replied, you will need around 200 to 300 USD for a month of stay, though with my experience, minimum 500 USD would be an average if you are a tourist, provided you have accommodation. If you will be staying in a hotel, you will need an additional minimum amount per day for a standard room (you can check for bargain online for hotel accommodation).

Hope it helps.

Does anyone know what is the cheapest way to travel from Lima to Spain, or to Europe (Amsterdam, Brussels) in general ? I have checked via Momondo and Skyscanner but I don't manage to find a flight cheaper than 1000 euros.

SonnyCrockett wrote:

Does anyone know what is the cheapest way to travel from Lima to Spain, or to Europe (Amsterdam, Brussels) in general ? I have checked via Momondo and Skyscanner but I don't manage to find a flight cheaper than 1000 euros.

Cheaper than 1000e is a little hard to find. The cheapest are Iberia and Air Europa. KLM flies to Amsterdam but is expensive, LAN goes to Madrid and Frankfurt but can also be a little expensive. Lufthansa is going to start flying to Peru soon but it will probably cost as much as KLM, and they go to Frankfurt. Oh! and don't forget Air France, witch goes to Paris, but costs as much as KLM.

To summarize, Air Europa goes the cheapest to Madrid.

If you do want to fly cheap by europ fly from amsterdam to spain. Flying from spain to peru can be a 200 euro differense. I did fly from amsterdam to peru and it was around 600 euros but with all costs 900 total. This was a sale the normal price is around 1200. But flying to spain first the price would be around 800/900. Good luck

Hi eveyone, I also have a plan to visit Peru at the end of this year.. I inquire about everything for transit visa fo my connecting flight to Lima. Do i really need to obtain a transit visa? I am a filipino..and if you are a tourist thus the goverment ask your bank account as part of a tourist docs.? thanks to anyone who can answer my question.

Hi, Nyle!

Transit visa depends on where you want to transit. Major airports in Europe, especially within Schengen area will not require transit visas. I would recommend passing through either Amsterdam's Schiphol in Netherlands, Paris Charles de Gaulle in France or Frankfurt in Germany. I usually transit through these 3 airports going to South America and never get into any visa issues.

Your documents as tourist will be scrutinized at the airport of departure especially if you are leaving from Philippines. You need to prove that you have a confirmed return ticket within allowable time (normally one month), proof of accommodation (invitation from sponsor with commitment to accommodate you is sometimes ok), and of course, proof of financial capability to sustain your stay during the period you are supposed to stay in the destination county. This is where a bank account with sufficient funds comes in handy to show to immigration officers. International credit cards will also help. And don't forget to add a travel insurance, if possible, for your own sake.

The same documents can be asked by the destination country's immigration officer, depending on your luck and mood of the immigration officer.

Your gender plays a big role, too. Also consider if you are travelling alone. These 2 factors can place you in a different situation in front of immigration officer, if you are female.

Do your best to prove that you are going to Lima as a tourist only. And make sure you have all possible documents required in hand. Your passport should also have at least 6 months of validity from the date of your return ticket.

Some transit airports do spot checks at the arrival of your plane. Officers will ask where you are going and what will you do there. Again, just answer properly and prepare to show your documents.

I hope the information helps. Good luck!

thank you aOtoz9...yes! your comments are very useful.

hi i want to know about taiwan,,,
tell me how weather and salary system in taiwan

shahin dewan wrote:

hi i want to know about taiwan,,,
tell me how weather and salary system in taiwan

:offtopic:

Wrong forum.
Go to the Taiwan forum and post there.