Close

Job interview and dress code

Dear all,

Any recommendations concerning dress code for a job interview? In this matter, what is most appreciated according to Bahrain's culture?
Thank you in advance

Bahrain is a modern country, formal or semi-formal is much appreciated, some locals use traditional arab dress though.

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

Depending on the industry and the company it can change, but I would always recommend smart business attire as you are trying to make a good first impression .

Depending on the industry and the company it can change, but I would always recommend smart business attire as you are trying to make a good first impression .

Agree 100% - if you make a good impression, the chances are you will be favoured and land that job. Whilst a person with the knowledge and skills who turns up in jeans and sneekers, very unlikey to secure that job, unless the job itself is such a place where attire is not considered important.

Good luck  ;)   :top:

Showing respect for your potential employer and the country in general is always a good move.
If a long skirt or dress is the norm over there, wear a long skirt or dress.
Interviews generally require formal attire but would a head covering be a help?
I'm not suggesting wearing full coverings but a lightweight token headscarf could go down well if the general population wear head coverings.
Interviews are always about impressing the new boss, so impress.

Expatriate health insurance in Manama

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manama

Moving to Manama

Find tips from professionals about moving to Manama

Travel insurance in Manama

Enjoy stress-free travel to Manama

Flights to Manama

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Manama

2 million members!

Watch later