Close

Job interview and dress code

Dear all,

Any recommendations concerning dress code for a job interview? In this matter, what is most appreciated according to Bahrain's culture?
Thank you in advance

Bahrain is a modern country, formal or semi-formal is much appreciated, some locals use traditional arab dress though.

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

Depending on the industry and the company it can change, but I would always recommend smart business attire as you are trying to make a good first impression .

Depending on the industry and the company it can change, but I would always recommend smart business attire as you are trying to make a good first impression .

Agree 100% - if you make a good impression, the chances are you will be favoured and land that job. Whilst a person with the knowledge and skills who turns up in jeans and sneekers, very unlikey to secure that job, unless the job itself is such a place where attire is not considered important.

Good luck  ;)   :top:

Showing respect for your potential employer and the country in general is always a good move.
If a long skirt or dress is the norm over there, wear a long skirt or dress.
Interviews generally require formal attire but would a head covering be a help?
I'm not suggesting wearing full coverings but a lightweight token headscarf could go down well if the general population wear head coverings.
Interviews are always about impressing the new boss, so impress.