Singapore Medical Council requirement on Conditional Registration

Dear Expats,

Can someone help me to clear the below questions I have with regards to conditional registration for general practitioners; (please note I'm not a professional in the health care industry)

1. Is it a must to have an offer of employment from a SMC recognized medical body to be eligible to apply for the conditional registration?
2. I have noticed several Levels of conditional registration i.e Level 1, Level 2. what does it mean? Can you please please provide me with links to some further reading on these different levels of registration?
3. It is a requirement with SMC that the candidate should hold a 3 years of clinical practice to be eligible to apply for the conditional registration. Does the two years the candidate spent on houseman-ship be regarded as clinical practice?

I understand that some of the above questions maybe very basic but considering me being from a non-healthcare background I would seek some advise from you.

Thank you folks.

Cheers

These are very specific questions regarding regulations for the medical sector. You should contact the Ministry of Health (MoH) to get authoritative answers!

I will do so. Thank you.

Hi, I am interested to know too. Can you share what you know from SMC regarding your queries? I am interested in particular the 3rd query. Must it be 3 years of clinical practice? I understand the min requirement has to be 168hrs, but not sure can this be within the 3 years (e.g. 1 year or 2 or up to 3).