Marriage in Brazil Different State

Dear All

I am planning to get married in Brazil with my girl friend this year, she is a resident of Curitiba and I want to get married to her in Sao Paolo

My question is will there be any issue if we get married in a different city/state and get registered there only.

Your response will be highly appreciated please

In my opinion it doesn't matter as long as it's a Civil Ceremony and you have all the required documents. Best of Luck to you. It takes about 30-60 days to complete the process. Look at the post On Marriage in Brazil. I'm sure if you put your question in the Question box for example: Getting Married in  Different State" the anwser may be there. I am sure your not the only one to have asked this question. It's just some States are quicker to set the appointment for the Civil Ceremony. It took about 30 days here in Belem and then the fun starts of getting all the paperwork completed for Permanent Residency if your a foriegner.

Dear Alascana

Thank you very much for the reply , really appreciate it .

I have one last question , what are the documents required to marry in CURITIBA especially.

Or to be clear do i need a Single Status Certificate in Curitiba

danzellon wrote:

Dear Alascana

Thank you very much for the reply , really appreciate it .

I have one last question , what are the documents required to marry in CURITIBA especially.

Or to be clear do i need a Single Status Certificate in Curitiba

I would check with the Cartorio forum de Curitiba and the office should tell you the documents necessary. It should all be standardized for all of Brazil as for the documents. For clarification use the search box at the top of the forum with the question or look at the post" Marriage in Brazil" for James (RIP) knowledge on the matter of marriage is still relevant. Also Google "Marriage to a Brazilian" and that should give you some anwsers. You can also go to the " Brazilian Consulate" website and look at "Marriage to a Brazilian"