How to make friends In Marrakech

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living In Marrakech :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends In Marrakech??

Thanks in advance for your participation

this a very good question! i'm actually facing this problem right now! making friends is not easy, especially if u are a grown up! So if u have any idea for me on how to make friends! plz HELP :D

are you in marrakech? i have just moved here and am looking to meet new people let me know if you want to meet up for a drink or mint tea sometime
chris

Dear Chris333 and grokenflowers,

I am also so bored here in Marrakech, go for drinks or mint tea is fine with me.

Just let me know when I can meet you guys.
Kin

okay - how about next weekend?

Hi,

I'll be joining you guys for mint tea when I get to Marrakesh in mid-February...see you then...

Manuela

The real problem is in fact the creation of invisible frontiers and psychological obstacles that hamper in most cases the possibility of a good communication. Expats living only among themselves and not trying to open their mind to the culture they live in, thehistory that moulded the moroccan etc....
Do not be afraid to communicate in a prim and proper manner.
Master Yoda

Hey guys!
it has been a while that i haven't the blog! i am sorry!! well sure i will be very interested in having a drink or mint tea with  you guys! if u are still interested of course!
Can we do that tomorrow? or if u are free we can do it today! :)

Hi Everyone!
I just arrived in Marrakech... I will be here for a month at least and would like to do the 2 days trip to the desert this weekend or any other thing next days but dont know anyone here...
Would like to join me so that to look for actvities together?
Then Please drop me a line in [email protected]

Cheers!

Hey,

to make friends?

Every where in Marrakech you can make friends (local and expat).
in cafés and restaurants, also in excursions ...

Hi I am Christine. I have just moved to Marrakech and know very few people. I would like to devlop a circle of friends so that I can meet up and drink tea or coffee and chat. I am a granny, but not your regular grey bun and knitting socks type of granny. I haven't got a local mobile phone yet, but my email address is listed. I am also on Facebook, user name Crystal Metha or Chris Williams.

Hello my friends,

I'm from Saudi Arabia I had planned to visit Marrakech this month for the first time, and I have no idea about the attractions and good hotels to where I live. I would like to get to know people there and come together to drink coffee or go to nightclubs for dancing and fun. It will spend about ten days.

I hope that he met someone who can take me on a tour to look at the features of the beautiful city of Marrakech.

Have a nice evening

Regards
Lolitia

It's so easy to make friends in Marrakesh

Just go out at night to places like Pacha Club & Rose Bar, be present to international fairs & events ( MTM, Formula 2, Tennis,, Festival du Cinema, Festival du Rire....)

But for guys, just be careful with girls in Marrakech , they are dangerous :)

Hi Reda
It can be easy and also difficult to find suitable ones depends on what kind of friends u feel more comfortable with
for exemple such weird places like pacha, theatro..and so on, yes, be sure u meet up plenty people u might have fun with during night who probably won't recognize you the day after  :)
Better waiting for those annual rewarding events !!
Concerning Marrakechi girls it's known they're so, I would like to know how dangerous ???

Riadjal thumbs up loool :D

Riadjal wrote:

Hi Reda
It can be easy and also difficult to find suitable ones depends on what kind of friends u feel more comfortable with
for exemple such weird places like pacha, theatro..and so on, yes, be sure u meet up plenty people u might have fun with during night who probably won't recognize you the day after  :)
Better waiting for those annual rewarding events !!
Concerning Marrakechi girls it's known they're so, I would like to know how dangerous ???

Thanks for your reply.

I was just answering on how to make new contacts ,doesn't mean you 'll make friends by going to nightplaces, but u just have more chances to than by just staying at home and wondering how ....

As for the girls there, it's quite known for that,  & strangers who haven't been used to that can easily fall in love with a ''local'' who'se only interest is to get married to improve her living.

Hi Réda
Possible... u can just staying home and collect nice friendships from all over the world ....No wonders just by a simple ...guess how ??.. you tell me :)
If you think so that those girls set up a trap to strangers to get married just to ameliorate their living, sure for a reason,
Beleive me, U men -foreigners or locals- r not that silly to be easily duped
so what about foreigner girls and women who get married to moroccan locals? is it also in interest to improve their lives?? :)
Use your brain and change yours opinion about ur sisters ;)

Hi guys i wanna meet international ppl living in Marrakech my e mail: ben771 (at) live.co.uk

i agree with , i was born and raised in marrakesh , but have moved to casablanca fior job for 5 years and i have returend boack to marrakech , but all my best friends have moved to other cities or other contries , so i'm finding my self alone in my oun city .
alone withonut feinds as iking you

Hi, i'm from Algeria i'm staying in malaysia if anyone interested

Hai Guys/Girls....I from Malaysia. I have planned to go to Casablanca next month January 2013. Hope to see there soon....

Hi everyone!
I will be moving to Marrakech on April 9th for 6 months. Looking for english speaking friends preferably female as I am marrying a moroccan man and I dont see that going down too well (even though I work in an all male environment and dont have an issue with it what so ever). Mint tea..... Or wine...... I prefer the wine! But yeah Im very chatty outgoing and sociable.... I also know lots of decent night spots and places to eat on the cheap x
I am coming to celebrate my birthday from feb 27-march 4 also. I just came back yesterday from a weekend trip so I am always in Marraech x
Jessie x

Hey there , my name is Nina . I just moved to marrakech too, I would love to make some English speaking friends . Please get in touch :)

Ninawins wrote:

Hey there , my name is Nina . I just moved to marrakech too, I would love to make some English speaking friends . Please get in touch :)

hi how are you?
good c rachid new install of marrakech 24y.o. nice shy I love travel I have a deep tie to the values​​, especially faithfulness, truth, courage respect the honor and grandeur looking for new friends and you?

Hi, my name is Christine. I live in Marrakech and have a Moroccan boyfriend. If you would like to meet when you are in Marrakech, get in touch again and we can have coffee or wine, whatever.

Christina2412 wrote:

Hi, my name is Christine. I live in Marrakech and have a Moroccan boyfriend. If you would like to meet when you are in Marrakech, get in touch again and we can have coffee or wine, whatever.

I will be over on the 27th and go home 4th march would be lovely to grab a bottle or 3 while over x bring the boyfriend I know will feel at ease x he loves to meet mixed Moroccan British couples in a genuine relationship as we know no one that actually is apart from ourselves x pm me and we can exchange details x

if you want a coffee break leaving me your phone number

Hi,
Anyone fancy a cuppa or some moroccan whiskey over a good chin wag.

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi Los I've been told about this via twitter and once I move my husband and I will be attending x we are looking forward to it he's never been to a British pub quiz before x

Hi Lolita,

If you are still there in Marrakech, i would love to have a cup of mint tea with you.

Regards

hi there i just moved to Marrakech from Dublin Ireland , and hope to meet some English speakers to hang out together.

They keep removing my posts from here, saying it is an advertisement, so here is a link to the posting in classifieds.

https://www.expat.com/en/classified/afr … night.html

Fun night and really great opportunity to meet people!

Hi,I have recently moved to Marrakech from London to be with my husband and I am looking to make lots of English speaking friends.  If you fancy meeting for coffee that would be great :)

Hello!!! I move over on Tuesday to get married and will be staying for a few months x

Hi Jess,I hope you have a wonderful wedding day.  I got married in 2011 to my moroccan husband Amine and I could not believe the amount of documents that were required and the countless trips to the family court.

I moved to Marrakech from London about 4 weeks ago and just starting to get use to a different way of living.  I am learning Arabic but I will even admit I am SOoooo Rubbish ha ha!! :)

We will arrange a meet up x  inbox you my details x

Congratulations on the wedding. May God help you get through the mountain of paperwork. I have heard some people can it done in a couple weeks, it took me and my husband 3 months. Although We Americans often do things the hard way.

I'm from Barcelona, I live in Marrakech. I would like to meet people, If somebody would go to take coffee or wine, whatever. Writte an e-mail.

Thanks,

José

I am rana nasim from spain Next month I will Ur city rana *** add mi on what's **** Skype ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security