DOB discrepancy in Passport and Birth Certificate

Hi everyone .

Can someone please suggest a way forward for my issue.

My wife is in India and am in Belgium,to process dependent visa I get to know that BC is mandatory.

The issue here is her DOB in BC is Xx-YY-1984  and in passport and all other documents it is XX-YY-1983.  As birth certificate is mandatory and they compare it against passport ,I feel it will lead to confusion and rejection.

We couldn't correct the dob in passport ,as there is a government rule to not to change dob for the passport that has been issued 5 years back.

Can someone help here on this please.

IMHO this will be an issue. You have to get her birth certificate corrected. It is a real complex procedure in India.

You may consult a civil lawyer (who specializes in immigration and/or civil registration) for suggestions or procedure.

BR
Aneesh

Thanks Aneesh

BC is required at the time of issuing VISA or for registering in commune ?

Cause for me in my office they said BC is required only after reaching Belgium for registering in commune.

For your dependant birth certificate is needed to apply for visa. For you, it is not needed to apply for visa but may be asked by the commune when you are here and register.

Thanks Aneesh

I hope you solved this issue. If yes, can you please share your experience and the steps?