Resignation after 5years of service

Hi, I hope someone could help me.
I am a teacher and I have been working here in Riyadh for 5years. I filed for a resignation but my employer would not allow me to go exit saying that I did not finish my contract. The last time we signed a contract was 3years ago and there was a clause there saying that it is automatically renewed unless the employee gives a 30 days notice prior to the end of the contract.
How may I exit gracefully?

Read ur contract carefully. Take a copy and read it each point.  For know your situation.
The contracts different between companies.

I have read it carefully but it seems that our recent contract was vague. It did not indicate there what would happen in case the employee wants to resign before the contract ends. All it said was that all things not written in the contract would be refered to the saudi labor law.
I tried to read and understand the saudi labor laws with regards to resignation but I could not seem to find the article that I could use in my case.

Hi friend,

How are you now? I'm a new member here. Looking for a job in Riyadh. Could you tell me about the life there. Is it ok for a new Muslim who wants to learn about Islam?

Sincerely,

Fawziah

the saudi labor law is for resignation you must present the resegnation letter before 2 months or they will take salary of 2 months from you if you want it pereiod directly . but sometimes they add one condition like A penalty clause in the contract .
Anyway it depends to ur Manager and u can give them resignation letter and ask them to reject it official on the letter and take a copy .

Talalzz wrote:

the saudi labor law is for resignation you must present the resegnation letter before 2 months or they will take salary of 2 months from you if you want it pereiod directly . but sometimes they add one condition like A penalty clause in the contract .
Anyway it depends to ur Manager and u can give them resignation letter and ask them to reject it official on the letter and take a copy .

Would you share the article number of labor law under which it is 60 days notice period?

It's Number 74 and 75
you can check it on
mol.gov.sa

Talalzz wrote:

It's Number 74 and 75
you can check it on
mol.gov.sa

Thanks....have you got the English version of labor law

Thanks! But what if I really want to resign but the employer rejects it. What else can I do?