Apply for e-residency after 10 months on the island

Hello,

Apparently, I can always apply for e-residency (self-sufficiency – EU Citizen) without penalty : "Just put any date in last three months!" in "Date of first settlement in Malta"  (read on this forum)
But, do they need my rental agreement and rental declaration form ? Because they date back to 2016…

Also I only have a copy of my bank statement (sended by email by my french online bank), it's enough ?

Thanks

PatrickJ015 wrote:

Hello,

Apparently, I can always apply for e-residency (self-sufficiency – EU Citizen) without penalty : "Just put any date in last three months!" in "Date of first settlement in Malta"  (read on this forum)
But, do they need my rental agreement and rental declaration form ? Because they date back to 2016…

Also I only have a copy of my bank statement (sended by email by my french online bank), it's enough ?

Thanks

We had a rental agreement that predated our arrival on the islands and it was not a problem. In EU law it should not be a requirement to provide a rental agreement but it is required by the Maltese authorities!

Technically the bank statement should be an original from the bank, not a printout and in English or Malti, or a certified  translation, but not sure whether they still bother too much.

Ray

Thanks for your answer Ray.

provide a rental agreement but it is required by the Maltese authorities!

"Rental Declaration Form" (https://identitymalta.com/wp-content/up … n-form.pdf) filled by the landlord is also mandatory ?

Technically the bank statement should be an original from the bank

It's already in English, I'll try to ask the original to my bank.

We have just changed our eResidence/ID because of an address change and they just looked at the agreement and gave it back to us. They were not interested in whether the rental was registered with the Inland Revenue Department, which the landlord is supposed to do, but most don't bother.

Ray