Apartment around south jakarta monthly?

Hello,

I have been staying in jakarta for quite some times in the past. Usually in Taman Rasuna apartments, but I always needed to pay the rent for a whole year or 6 months if i was lucky.

Does anyone knows an apartment around South jakarta for a max of 8.5 million a month, but that I can pay monthly?

Thanks a lot.

Danny

Hi Danny,

I suggest you drop an advert in the Housing in Jakarta section of the website so that you might get some offers and inquire directly.

All the best,
Bhavna

I sent you message

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section

One or two notes.

Estate agents and so on, advertise in the correct section, that being 'Housing' at the top of this page.

For expats interested in housing, you'll generally get a far better deal by avoiding any adverts aimed at expats or anything with prices illegally adertised in US Dollars.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
DannyJakarta wrote:

Does anyone knows an apartment around South jakarta for a max of 8.5 million a month, but that I can pay monthly?

This post is a little old now but I can tell you I've seen the odd apartment advertised with daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
Try Jl Pangerang Antersari next to the Shell petrol station. The used to have banners up but I have no idea of the prices.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free advertising here please

For all readers of this thread, watch out for 'estate agents' who are just out for a quick buck by trying to sell people who are looking for a place in South Jakarta a crazy expensive house or whatever a very long way away and lying about the travel time to where the customer wants to be.
Many estate agents and those pretending to be agents are not known for telling the truth but are commonly known for being lying scum with no morals.
I repeat my previous advice - Avoid estate agents like the plague, more so ones who have been caught in a lie.

Let me start with: I assure you I am not a real estate broker/agent. I work in the field of Information Technology and Energy & Utilities. I just wanted to share about Apartment and House rental alternatives in Jakarta.

That said, I have a few expat friends who moved from a long-term lease traditional Apartments to high-end short term (monthly rentals) Kost - Yep, I said Kost, and yep high-end Kosts. Check them out. High-end Kosts may be a great alternative for short term business stays. My buddies live in Permata Hijau neighborhood. From what I hear and see, you might be surprised by what you gain from these high-end Kosts over what you lose from the traditional Apartments. Main difference I see between Kosts and Apartments are that at Kosts, the kitchen is a community kitchen (shared) and they are mostly studios (some offer single and multi-bedrooms). Everything else is about the same as apartments (more or less). So, while my buddies lost their kitchen, they gained free laundry service, free internet and cable tv (though basic, it's better than none or paying yourself), rooms get cleaned weekly and something else (don't remember, but I think has to do with the conceirge-like services).

Since I'm not a real estate broker/agent, I ask that you Google/Bing/Yahoo this type of property yourself in your target neighborhood. There are websites dedicated to advertising these type of properties. Call them up yourself to cut the middle-persons and any associated fees if you'd like. Or use them to save you time. Whichever suites you best.

ewahjosoedibjo wrote:

That said, I have a few expat friends who moved from a long-term lease traditional Apartments to high-end short term (monthly rentals) Kost - Yep, I said Kost, and yep high-end Kosts. Check them out. .

I've heard of these places but have yet to see one.
If you think about it, all a single expat needs is somewhere to put his head down where he knows his laptop will still be there when he gets home.

Yes, these places exists, believe it not. The particular place where my buddies live is inside the Permata Hijau neighborhood - it even has a swimming pool (just imagining a cool down after a long gojek ride under the Jakarta sun). It's next to a prominent townhouse. You can Google the place yourself since I'm not sure I can name the place in this forum.

Regarding security of personal items, I suppose, and based on my personal experience living as a traveling consultant, it's always best practice that you yourself keep your valuable items secured, regardless of wherever you go in the world. I had my Ducati stolen when I lived in the #2 safest city in the US. At any rate, that Permata Hijau place looks pretty safe. It's inside a gated property, has a security guard, and only folks who live there can let me in because they use fingerprint reader to access the interior of the building. One of my buddy just went back to the US for a month and his stuff (and vehicle) were still there when he came back. The other buddies (one from US and another was from France) goes on a lot of out-of-town business trips and I've not heard them complaining about stolen items or security.

ewahjosoedibjo wrote:

Yes, these places exists, believe it not. The particular place where my buddies live is inside the Permata Hijau neighborhood - it even has a swimming pool (just imagining a cool down after a long gojek ride under the Jakarta sun). It's next to a prominent townhouse. You can Google the place yourself since I'm not sure I can name the place in this forum.

Estate agents trying to flog properties are very unwelcome on the open forums but some dude that just happens to know of a pad can name it without the slightest problem.

ewahjosoedibjo wrote:

Yes, these places exists, believe it not.

I believe in the fancy flats but I don't believe the Rp6 million/month starting price.
Move into any of the satellite towns down the tracks and you'll pay 20 to 30 million per year and take the train in the Keb Lama for Rp2,000 per day.
There is no way in this wide world I'd pay that crackpot price but I'd be fine if a company I worked for was stupid enough to do so for me.
Seriously, 6 mill a month for a studio flat - I'd have to be totally gaga.

Floods in Permata Hijau but it's ok on the Senayan side. 6 mill a month will get you something small due to location. There are 3 bed apartments as you head west for less than 40 mill a year with pools and stuff. South Jakarta is just way too expensive and getting worse.

lukereg wrote:

South Jakarta is just way too expensive and getting worse.

and the traffic jams mean it's a pretty lousy place to live.

a 10 minute train ride sees rents drop to a fraction of the daft South Jakarta prices and you can live in a nice, quiet guarded estate, that being in a real house, not a shoe box studio with wifi.
Just avoid the agents and you'll save a sack of cash.