I am looking for a native English speaker

Is there any British or American who lives in Istanbul?

Perhaps you could explain why.

I have PMed you  :)

i would love to teach you basic English so that you can talk easily with others  .
i faisal abdullah from pakistan living here in atasehir istanbul

Hi.im an American English teacher.I live in Tuzla

porscha1 wrote:

The correct use of English is rarely an issue on this forum but when selling yourself as a native speaking English teacher it's probably less than great to make so many errors in two sentences.

You might also wish to edit your profile as that says you aren't American.

Fred wrote:
porscha1 wrote:

The correct use of English is rarely an issue on this forum but when selling yourself as a native speaking English teacher it's probably less than great to make so many errors in two sentences.

Perhaps they meant they are a teacher of American English, and not claiming that they are an American citizen ;)  Still, your point stands  :lol:

It is amazing to witness one more miracle of how specifically to the point this conversation is  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

romaniac wrote:
Fred wrote:
porscha1 wrote:

Perhaps they meant they are a teacher of American English, and not claiming that they are an American citizen ;)  Still, your point stands  :lol:

Nope. The ad (timeline) claims native.
The OP asks for native but does not ask for a teacher as such ... or even someone who can use their own language.

I tried to change nationality but it says internal error.
I am a native American English teacher looking for students
I really dont understand whats the big deal?

porscha1 wrote:

Adverts for chocolate bars show the best shot of a bar.
Adverts for cars never show the thing stuck in a traffic jam.

Adverts by English teachers looking for new students use perfect English but yours is atrocious, not just in the above post but in all others including your advert.

Thanks for your comment.nobody is perfect.go check someone elses grammer and vocabulary.tyvm.

Hi .I am a UK citizen can speak full English .
I will be coming to turkey for the first time I wondered if you know any tour guides.

Fred wrote:
porscha1 wrote:

Adverts by English teachers looking for new students use perfect English but your's is atrocious, not just in the above post but in all others including your advert.

Actually, the correct spelling is "yours", no apostrophe needed.

Ĺol.got your kick in the teeth and not by me.too bad

Rosequartze wrote:
Fred wrote:
porscha1 wrote:

Adverts by English teachers looking for new students use perfect English but your's is atrocious, not just in the above post but in all others including your advert.

Actually, the correct spelling is "yours", no apostrophe needed.

OMG, I committed a folly - Ruddy good job I'm not advertising my services as an English teacher.
You might consider I make no claims as to my abilities, nor do I attempt to teach the subject.
Enjoy.

oh wow, this just made my sunday :D can't decide if I'm feeling bad for Tuğçe or happy for her as she now has many English speakers on her entry :D gotta love grammar nazis :)

Grammar nazism is fun. :D

More seriously, adverts for English teachers should employ correct English but the rest of us don't need to care.
Extremely crap English from a supposed English teacher is silly. Who the merry christmas is going to hire someone who is clearly rubbish at their job?

PS. Not 'Christmas' but I cant type ♤♡◇♧ without getting banned :D

Got your attention.so maybe it's worth it to make a few mistakes if it gets all this attention

fred.
Are you an English teacher?if you arent,you dont have the right to correct me.I AM AN AMERICAN ENGLISH TEACHER.I dont have to prove anything to anyone.I have many students that are happy with my lessons

Hello, how are you? You are very beautiful girl

My name is Samad, from Burkina Faso in AFrica, I am accepted in Aydin university of istanbul( AIU) so I will comme to study between October-november.
I want to find the friends ,
Are you accept to be my friend?
I am 22 yead old

hello
Im an American English teacher.I live in Tuzla.How can I help you?

Yeh am Max from America lives in Istanbul and am a teacher  hook me up for every details on ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

I do
I live in umraniye

@Fred other than not capitalizing i don't see anything wrong

@romaniac oh I'm an American English teacher from New York.i have TEFL and TYL and ESL i know I'm good.

@Fred other than not capitalizing i don't see anything wrong

- @porscha1
 There we see the problem. This link explains all.

Sad reallly, I have a barber working in Canada for 5 years and English  virtually perfect, he likes to talk a lot (unlike me), just getting a full treatment I would say he will give you the English treatment for free (Mahmutlar).
Than again which expat does not speak Russian/German or English (what is the need?)
Than again which expat does not speak Russian/German or English
 Well, maybe a couple
My son's English teacher is absolutely crap. She's a Filly peno, has a TEFL certificate, and supposed experience. However, I believe not a jot of it because she's rubbish.

Her grammar is in the toilet along with her pronunciation, and she's ruddy useless with the kids. 
I don't know if she has an ESL because that just means, "English as a second language", so I have no idea what that's supposed to be.

This and other experiences with tragically pathetic teachers is why I warn others to be very careful who they hire.

Oddly, my kid's Indonesian teacher has lovely English.

Commas, capitalisation, spaces, apostrophes - Boring, but essential for English teachers ... or those advertising as such.

As an example, a parent sent me this little gem - I was shocked by how many mistakes could be crammed into one question. It seems the teacher concerned thought answer 3 was correct.
How many errors can you find?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51983861643_6852aea756.jpg