Close

Converting a tourist visa to student visa

Hi there - have a question about my visa status.   I have a US passport and multiple entry tourist visa for Brasil.   I have used this for many years with no issues entering the country.   I will be in and out of brazil multiple times this year (right now on my second entry for the calendar year and third for the rolling 12-month period), and planning to go to portugal for a week next month.   Right now, I'm here studying Portuguese in a language school, and then I'll return to go back to school.    I'll likely do this for four weeks, then spend a week in another country, back to school for four weeks, etc.

This time, when I entered, they wrote in 90 for the number of days validity, and they had never done that before.   I think this is normal, but just wanted to make sure.   I'm also concerned that I'll be denied re-entry into Brasil in June if i'm traveling solely on the tourist visa.   

My question is whether it's advisable or necessary to get a student visa in my case, or if the tourist visa will be ok for what could be 5-6 entries in a single year?  Each of those trips into brazil will be for 30 days or less.   Also, if I do the student visa, how long does that take, and is it possible to apply while remaining in Brazil?

Thanks

Hi, you can't convert tourist visa into any other categories . You will have to apply for students' visa in home country.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil