How to make friends in Guangzhou

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Guangzhou :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Guangzhou??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi, Just joined the blog! Would be great to get in touch with Brits or English speaking expats in Guangzhou.

Hope you can help.

hi,i am keven, a chinese friend who live guang zhou. welcome to guang zhou

mobile:15915885741
msn :[email protected]

hi welcome to guangzhou,i am a chinese girl.Living and working in Guangzhou engaged in editorial work, and I welcome you to become friends

my msn:[email protected]

Hello, I am a Malaysian who will shortly be moving over to Guangzhou to work. I would love to hook up with English speaking expats.

Haha, this can make a hot topic, I bet!

Hello everybody, my name is Matteo, I'm Italian and can speak both English and Mandarin. I will be working in Guangzhou until the end of January. You're welcome to send me an email at [email protected]

Hello everyone, this is Tina. I can speak mandarin and English.I love traveling, sports, music, and I love being with my friends. I am now working in the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. Anyone who wants making friends with me can send me Email. My Email: [email protected]

most of people meet in the club&bar, also this website can do. dont know anything else.

(moderated: off topic)

hi. friends living in zhujiang new town, pearl river canton tower pazhou sites' friends, no matter where are you coming from, let's meet up after work and at free time by riverside or for a short drink, or play some sports together. qq2639270031

Harry Bear wrote:

Hi, Just joined the blog! Would be great to get in touch with Brits or English speaking expats in Guangzhou.

Hope you can help.

Hi-ya!

I am a Canadian tourist looking for english speaking friends o hang out with. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 15017630774

Hi all, I'm from Malaysia and working in advertising world. Would love to know some English speaking expats and local as well.
Cheers!

We held a meetup for expats and all other friends last weekend, about 10 people came out, and I hope we can do another sometimes in the near future.

are there any teenagers?? x

I know how, buy me a beer and i'll say it))

Girls, do not be shy, anyone want to speak with chinese/foreigner girls but don't know how to start))
Mens, be truthful and honest, foreigners/chinese like it.
It will work for everyone :)

Hello,

Just to remind that this topic is " How to make friends in Guangzhou "

Thank you.

Hey !

I'm going to arrive in guangzhou next week for a very long time, i'dlike to meet new friends because I love parties, sport ... if somebody organize a kind of meeting, i'll come for sure.

See ya

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

hi,

I'm a singaporean chinese lady, going to Guangzhou for business and some shopping next tuesday, 14 to 16 may 2013.

I'm trying to find a wholesaler for silica gel, dessicant pack, web designer.

pls email me at [email protected] if you know where i can search or if you would like to meet me for coffee.

thanks.

[Moderated: Off topic + Please post in Jobs section]

when are you arriving to china?

I'm a bit surprised to see so many replies! It's never a problem to make friends in Guangzhou!

Well, I'm currently involved in a PhD program in Hong Kong. I live in both Hong Kong and Guangzhou. You can contact me via "[email protected]"

Enchanté!

Hi I'm Hayden living in Guangzhou and could sure do with some friends, English speaking because I could do with some good conversation, a beer or two and a laugh. Been here two months now and I feel staved of conversation. Anyone out there interested let me know. Thanks in advance.

Haydenps wrote:

Hi I'm Hayden living in Guangzhou and could sure do with some friends, English speaking because I could do with some good conversation, a beer or two and a laugh. Been here two months now and I feel staved of conversation. Anyone out there interested let me know. Thanks in advance.

still need a friend? I also will be moving down to G. shortly after 1st August, so if you'd like to hook up email me -  [email protected]

i always enjoy a good chat ! :)

hello everyone,
I'm a newcomer in Guagzhou..wworking here as a merchandiser.
feel lonely and homesick sometimes, hope to have a chance to meet and have fun with new friends here.

Thanks

Rubby

Hi Rubby,

May be a short introduction to start? :)

Thank you,

David.

hello David,
Im Vietnamese girl, came to Guangzhou last week for job oppoertunity as a manager of garment merchandising office in china.
having some Vietnamese and Chinese employees in my office.
Still dont know where i can find English speakers to make friends:)

How about you?

Rubby

here just like the internetional union.
so many people from all around the world

Hello there!
Any suggestion about the place of English speakers?

Thanks

Rubby

Nice to meet you, Rubby.

Well, if you like beer or coffee, I suggest you hang out to bars in Taojin or Xiaobei. Many expats get together there in the evening.

by the way, If you use QQ or Wechat, you can search for nearby expats and join groups. Get to know each other and organise fun activities.

hello JoeDADA,
Is that ur name:)?
Thanks for your infos about the place for expats..
i'm interested in fun activities in groups:)
count me in any in the next time.
I dont have qq, my skype: rubby8477
yahoo ID: lethithuanhai

Hope to have a chance to meet up u and others:)
have a nice day

Rubby

:) my pleasure.
Joe is my name. will follow your skype,maybe hang out for coffee some day.

Wish you a good time in Guangzhou!

Hi,

My name is Andrew from Singapore, posted to Guangzhou for work. May need your help in future for editorial advice....over lunch, drinks, dinner. My pleasure to foot the bill of course.

See ya.

skype grantonandrew

hello everyone

im Christian from colombia, im new in guangzhou im working here for
5 months so i want to make some friend, join groups for hang out or any other activities

-hi rubby are you the same rubby that join Gzstuff web page today ?
by the way nice to meet you here

;)

Hi Christian,
Yes, it's me joining gzstuff today. It's nice for me to meet you here too.
I'm only 20days in GZ, everything here is still new to me. How is your life going here?

Rubby

welcome  rubby to gzstuff hehe i just joined a few days ago

i've been here for two months but only works and these days china had some holidays so now im feel a little bored because i dont know so much people here who speaks english

thats why im start to find new friends to spend free time doing any  type of activity like sports or just a coffe/beer and talk.

what about you?

Hi Christian,
It's quite same situation as mine.
Since i came here, i have been working almost 12 h/days..i have Sunday off, and it's all for drinking beer, trying to make friendship with some English spearkers but not very lucky so far:)

Do u have skype to chat for a while?
mine: rubby8477

Rubby

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat. I'm from the Uk and I've been in Guangzhou for just over a month in Panyu district.

Been getting so bored because there is hardly any expats around here. I don't even know of any bars in the area to meet any. And I miss bars!