Getting a bit bored in Beijing...how come?

Hi all, after 9 months Beijing it seems people move in and out, leaving the die hards (read me ao) even though just 9 months...behind. I'm getting a bit bored now...anyone suggestions or want to hang out? I like talking over coffee, about virtually everything, going to bars, escape the city and a bunch more... Oh I'm Dutch architect by the way.

Let's talk

Arjan

Arjan, I can relate to your state of mind.

I find myself wanting to leave BJ also and head home.  It's a bit of boredom and frustration mixed.  Some of the reasons this is such a transient place to live.

Keith

Arjan hi,

lots of things going on in Beijing just need to know where to look. Most are easily found via the Expat Mags and are listed on most of the Beijing social websites.

There are various sports teams, community theatre, networking evenings, coffee evenings, wine evenings, day trips, quiz evenings, literary evenings, charity events.

What tickles your fancy?

I personally organise networking evening nearly every Tuesday at some of the best hotel bars (currently Hilton Beijing, Hilton Wangfujing, St. Regis, Traders Upper East)

Gullekian (member of this forum) organises coffee evenings.

But yes, one of the facts of life is that the Expat population continually changes. It is a typical glass half empty or half full scenario - the bad news... old friends will depart, the good news... new friends will arrive.

City escapes - Culture Yard (for example)have two trips planned this weekend. On Sat to visit the Ice Sculptures and one on Sun to Cuandixia.

Very true about the expat publications.  The Beijinger and the City are two that I read regularly.  Unfortunately living in the outskirts of the city (Shunyi) increases the sphincter factor of participating.  Yeah that's whining a bit but it is reality which goes back to my comments about driving here...........Woof

But I will test the 15 to 13 to 10 rail system to get to Guomao

Yup not much going on in the evenings in Shunyi, but dem wot choose the burbs have made a lfestyle choice decision.

I live about 1/2 way between the two (just outside the East 5th Ring) and drive so you will find me exploiting the best of both (Bookmark Library, Cici Burgers etc in the burbs, and networking events dowtown).

INN and YingYang Community Centre organise daytime events in Shunyi but they are more targeted at trailing spouse.

Do you think people would attend an evening event in Shunyi? Maybe in the Crowne Plaza, or the Hilton at T3 (airport)for example?

Do they have Bolly Bangrha  Nites in Beijing?

Welcome on board calviano ;)

A short presentation would be nice! ;) Besides, you are "highjacking" :/ this thread as your message seems to be off topic. So please start a new discussion.

Regards