Brother kashif

Can i have your contact number
Need to chk some details.

My email is ***
Thanks in advance

Br
raja farhan

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
raja farhan wrote:

Hi raja farhan,

Sharing of one's personal contact information on the forum is discouraged.

You may, however, use the private messaging system, please.

Dear AJstyle,

Thanks for your guidance on the process to bring U.A.E registered Car to Oman which is of real help.

Please guide on your experience with performing the registration of Car in Sohar, Oman (Agents contacts, if any) and the process / procedures involved. I will be moving from Sharjah to Sohar, Oman by end of this month and want to take my Sharjah, U.A.E registered car to Sohar, Oman.

Also guide on the procedures that were involved in undertaking of Driving License in Oman.

Awaiting for your response at the earliest as this information shall benefit me a lot.

Regards

Shekar

Dear Shekar,

For the car registration, you need to convert your licence first. If you have a manual license, they will exchange it for 10 OMR and it will be valid for 1 year.

If you have automatic license, this will not be possible. I believe they will tell you to take a test..Not so sure how it work.

I got mine because it was manual so I paid 10 OMR and I got the license which is valid for 1 year.

Once you get the driving license then you can take a car insurance- For UAE and Oman 3rd party I paid around 120 OMR.

Once you get all these docs - Take your paper to the ROP traffic:
1- Do the test of the vehicle.
2- New plate number
3 - The new Molokhia of the car.

All to all it will be 45 OMR

All these procedures are easy, you just need to go there early morning.

All the best.

Ajeev

Dear Ajeev,

Many thanks for your guidance !!!!

I have an Automatic Driving License and based on the guidance provided, i believe i shall be unable to do the registration of Car in Oman (after exporting to Oman), until such time i have the Omani driving license obtained.

Based on your stay there, can you guide me, if i were to bring (export) the Vehicle to Sohar - Oman, can it be parked in my rented premises without being registered until such time i get a Driving License. I believe in such case i shall have to take a 6 months third party insurance on a safer side. Guide me if i am correct in my understanding.

Regards

Shekar

I don't have omani driving license, I want to bring my car from UAE, I would like to know if ROP will allow me to drive export car from border to Muscat on UAE driving license ?

Yes .. you will be allowed as an exception ..
I have one of friend who is driving a rent a car with a UAE license as he cant convert his automatic one to a Omani License..

Thank you for replying. Do you have any idea on custom charges on export cars ?

Hi All,

I am currently a resident of UAE and located in Abu Dhabi. And within a month moving permanently to Oman.

Planning  to transfer my vehicle to Oman through road.

Please advise the procedures and fees involved.

thanks.

I am shifting from Dubai to Oman this month end.I have gone through the posts explaining the procedure to drive the car from UAE to OMAN as transfer.

I would want to know whether we can drive the car with the following

1.Having a technician visa of Oman not yet stamped on passport.
2.Cancelled UAE visa

the assumption is that in Oman the registration will be done after visa is stamped.

Can anyone help me with this information.

Regards

Dear Bhavna,

I have been in the Export - Import Field since more than a decade.

What I feel about the Vehicle transfer is that if your vehicle is nostalgic to you or is expensive class. ones, you can think about transferring it. 

Else, always advisable to dispose the vehicle here and take a vehicle once you are in oman.

If you need to take the car to oman, you have to get the Transfer Certificate, from Dubai RTA.
An Invoice showing the current value of the vehicle.
Passport copy / Visa Stamped page / ID of the person on whose name the vehicle is transferred in Oman.

There will be Documentation charges in Dubai up to AED. 500/-
Clearing charges in Oman : AED 500/- plus Customs Duty @5% or as per the discretion of the customs officer. Some times may the person should be personally available to clear the vehicle.

Many thanks

hi vandanamedonca,

AS per your querry any cars below above 5 years old cannot be transferred from UAE to any other country.

And with the long procedure and costs involved for Transferring your car, its always better to get a car in Oman, by disposing the Old car here itself.

Thanks

You cannot... since you have a technician visa, its doubtfull.

Visa needs to be stamped or you should try to get Oman Visa from the Embassy, here.

Thanks eratturaun for the information.

Hello anyone can confirm that less than  7 year old car can be import to Oman ? I am shifting from Abu dhabi to Oman . I have 2012 car.

Hi Kashif, we're you able to get your answer for the idea of driving your car to Oman?
I brought mines to Oman, later got an export certificate from RTA in Dubai. Here in Oman went to the customs office and paid custom fees. What's next I have no clue.

eratturarun wrote:

Dear Bhavna,

I have been in the Export - Import Field since more than a decade.

What I feel about the Vehicle transfer is that if your vehicle is nostalgic to you or is expensive class. ones, you can think about transferring it. 

Else, always advisable to dispose the vehicle here and take a vehicle once you are in oman.

If you need to take the car to oman, you have to get the Transfer Certificate, from Dubai RTA.
An Invoice showing the current value of the vehicle.
Passport copy / Visa Stamped page / ID of the person on whose name the vehicle is transferred in Oman.

There will be Documentation charges in Dubai up to AED. 500/-
Clearing charges in Oman : AED 500/- plus Customs Duty @5% or as per the discretion of the customs officer. Some times may the person should be personally available to clear the vehicle.

Many thanks

I drove my car to Muscat, late got my car export certificate from RTA too. But here in Oman nobody seems to understand this. What's next they keep saying go to the border! So confused.

Hi,

Just would like to know whether u drove to oman using your UAE license or oman? . Also please advise whether you managed to convert your UAE license to Oman ( Automatic).

Thank You

Hi Aj,
Thanks for wonderful clarification.
I am also planning to take my new car to sohar from RAK ...
Few things would like to know..

1. Di you need a Oman driving license before you take the car to Oman through the border?
2.How much time it took for you to get the residency Visa after medical test?
3. Can I take my car from RAK to Sohar based on the employment Visa issued from the Oman company?
4.Since you need to go to sohar why you preferred sharjah kasba road instead of dibba fujairah border crossing?
Regds
Abhijit

Hello friends, can someone advise me details for shipping my car from Qatar to Oman please.

Hi
Is there any restrictions or limitations in terms of years old to import from uae to oman????
Any restrictions in terms of year old car import to oman
@dr a.a97
Car model 2017 above (5year)
Truck model 2015 above (7 years)