Is salary of SAR 8000 Plus accomodation plus mediclaim a good packag

I am an IT professional having around 5 yrs of experience in Software testing.Currently working in a leading MNC in India.I have got a job offer from a consulting company that will deploy me at its client site at Riyad bank.This consultancy is paying me SAR 8000 per month plus accomodation and medical for me and my wife plus one month paid vacation.Is 8000 a good package for a experience like I am having.Am I under paid/overpaid or average paid.Will I be able to save some amount over there.Is it a good offer?? Please guide.

The pay for you is a decent pay for the person with your experience. Since ur accomodation and medical expenses r covered, u can add another 2000 to 2500 SAR for other expenses for a family of two and the potential for savings the remianing is high and how much u can save depends on the life style :)

It seems to be a good deal, but if you can bargain more, why not. There are few expenses here, the biggest ones are acommodation and food, and BTW ask if you are provided transporation, because there is no public transport here, other than taxi.

If you have an eye for gadgets, clothes and fashion, well you'll have no savings at all....lol cheers.

One more query....Like I already said I will be working on consultant Visa (Consultancy will be sponsoring my Visa) at Riyad Bank...Riyad Bank is not directly hiring me...Is it OK to work like this...What will be job security??? or they can throw me out whenever they want???? And initially the consultant is calling on business Visa and then he will get it converted to work permit??Is it possible that he can do like this..Will I have to come back to India for final Wrok permit attestation?? Should I come on business visa initially?? Should i accept his offer??

Your salary package offer is worth in total at about SR 12K. The body shopping Consultant who is hiring you for the bank is usually paid about 40% more by the employer. Thats the way it works with most banks and financial institutions who hire through them.

Legally, you are an employee of the Consultant for all intents and purposes and he can relocate you wherever he pleases at any given time or even send you back home if the bank terminates their recruitment agreement with them.

I would try and bargain for at least 10K plus everything else if possible.

Music Man covered most of ur queries.
On ur visa type, its a common practice for people here to get the employese first on business visa and slowly convert it into more permanant visa as getting Permanant visa takes time and effort, however consultant organizations want you to come and work ASAP as thats how they get their recurring revenue. :)

Business visa always will have a validity and once that period is over, that can be extended while u r in KSA, if the visa officer is strict and says they cant extend, u need to go back and come on another fresh visa (another business visa or if ur  lucky with a permanant Visa). Initially , u should expect some back and forth travel between India and KSA until u get a permanant Visa. :)

Thank you all for your quick responses.

intek.intek wrote:

I am an IT professional having around 5 yrs of experience in Software testing.Currently working in a leading MNC in India.I have got a job offer from a consulting company that will deploy me at its client site at Riyad bank.This consultancy is paying me SAR 8000 per month plus accomodation and medical for me and my wife plus one month paid vacation.Is 8000 a good package for a experience like I am having.Am I under paid/overpaid or average paid.Will I be able to save some amount over there.Is it a good offer?? Please guide.

It is all relative, but for me that would not get me out of bed.

MaserMan wrote:
intek.intek wrote:

LMAO!

MaserMan wrote:

Who do you think you are? Linda Evangelista? :lol::lol::lol:

zara777 wrote:
MaserMan wrote:

You know who I am! ;)

MaserMan wrote:
zara777 wrote:
MaserMan wrote:

You know who I am! ;)

Or are you the supermodel in disguise who won't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day? :)

@MM : Just another spoilt brat arent ya? :D

RedGoblin wrote:

@MM : Just another spoilt brat arent ya? :D

Spoilt, moi? :D

MM2 is just MY HERO! :cool:

MM2 is just MY HERO! :cool:

So good you had to say it twice :top:

No, it was Internet OOPS page - so resent..Mybad :lol:

He's not spoilt, he's a sweetheart (but don't tell him I said so!!) :shy

zara777 wrote:

He's not spoilt, he's a sweetheart (but don't tell him I said so!!) :shy

:par:

Such love.  It is a happy blog world again.

CivEngr wrote:

Don't worry, I can't keep it up for long :lol:

zara777 wrote:
CivEngr wrote:

Don't worry, I can't keep it up for long :lol:

:sosad:

:offtopic::offtopic:

Christine wrote:

We know, we know!

Christine wrote:

Its not strange that most topics becomes off topic after some time. most of the times, the originator of the thread disappears after getting to know what they want and after that its just becomes a play ground :o:o:o:o

Christine wrote:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
we know!!

zara777 wrote:
Christine wrote:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
we know!!

Do you think we know? :blink:

MaserMan wrote:

Do you think we know? :blink:

Probably not! Let's remind ourselves...
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Thank you all for your reply...In the end of thread there is some crap as well but that is worth reading as well :-)

Guys I need more info from senior members...like my consultant is ready to pay me only SAR 8K PM...And I said Yes to him initially...Is there anyway I can negotiate with him for atleast SAR 10K.He is saying it is the max he can do for me...How I can negotiate with him....anybody having this kind of experience please share....my concern is I dont want to loose this job and want to have atleast 10 K...Please suggest how to proceed.

intek.intek wrote:

Thank you all for your reply...In the end of thread there is some crap as well but that is worth reading as well :-)

That's the beauty of the blog, you start at Point A and you get to Point B via every other letter of the alphabet! :D

In answer to your question, just be honest about what you want and that you think it is a fair market rate for your skills.
Be firm but you need to judge how much you really want the job and if you are willing to settle for 8K. You will probably know whether there is room for negotiation as the conversation unfolds.

In this country it seems that employers have all the rights, but it's always worth asking for more. Good Luck!

intek.intek wrote:

Guys I need more info from senior members...like my consultant is ready to pay me only SAR 8K PM...And I said Yes to him initially...Is there anyway I can negotiate with him for atleast SAR 10K.He is saying it is the max he can do for me...How I can negotiate with him....anybody having this kind of experience please share....my concern is I dont want to loose this job and want to have atleast 10 K...Please suggest how to proceed.

I think the easiest way of negotiations is not ask for a more salary, rather than try to include some direct re-imberssments and indirect facilitites and have them written on the offer letter.

2 things that comes to my mind what u can negotiate are "transportation and onsite travel insurance", may be ask for a free Transportation or a company pickup and drop. ur consultancy might have some other people who works for the same RIYADH bank and they can easily provide a shared pickup and drop facility which I C lot of companies do. :)

Looking at how the TAXI rates goes here (20 to 30 SAR per day based on ur house and the office), it could cost arround 750 to 900 SAR per month and if ur company agrees to provide, its an indirect salary for you. :)

There r different things u can negotiate rather than asking them to pay extra salary.

Cheers. :cool::top:

Yeah Saradhi is right, Instead of demanding the increase in basic, ask for the extras.. THey may seem small but thy go a long way in helping to cut back expenses and increase savings..