Visas

We are a retired couple wishing to relocate to Malta initially for 6 months to see if its for us how do renew your visa after the 90 days?
If after the 6 months we decide to stay what is the next step for the renewal all this is based on longterm rental not buying? Lastly do we require proof of what we have in the bank?

Margwayne136 wrote:

We are a retired couple wishing to relocate to Malta initially for 6 months to see if its for us how do renew your visa after the 90 days?
If after the 6 months we decide to stay what is the next step for the renewal all this is based on longterm rental not buying? Lastly do we require proof of what we have in the bank?

You do not need a visa at all! You are an EU citizen.
You can come for 90 days as a tourist and as far as I know you can extend that stay by a further 90 days. If you can't, don't worry about it, it is only the Maltese government that require you to register as a resident which is not a legal requirement in the EU.
If you decide to stay and are doing so under the 'Self Sufficiency' route then yes you need to show proof of capital or income, such as a UK statement of pension entitlement or a bank statement.

Ray

Hi,
We are non EU citizens and have 9 years old son.

We are planing to move to Malta and register our child to a private school there.

I am a retired person and freelance businessman , my wife is house wife.

How can we get visa ?

best regards