Moving to Saigon

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for an apartment/serviced apartment in D1 and D2.

I see lots of ads and stuff around but when I scroll through the photos - I do not see any ovens in the kitchen. I really have to wonder why. I love to bake! :-)

How can I find housing before I arrive? Please advise.

My plan is to arrive and then find a job so I can see what my options are etc, but is this realistic?

I would greatly appreciate your time and advice. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Ulana

I've been here for over a year and never saw a stove in a house/apartment yet. Almost everyone here uses stove top burners and microwaves. Sorry to bring you bad news.

Hey, it actually is a good news! :-)

If you haven't seen it in a year - I won't see it in an hour. Ha ha!

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks
Ulana

Expecting a proper oven is not realistic except in new high end homes. You can find semi-portable ones in appliance stores, or like this random one in the Lazada catalog.

This is a thought! :-)

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers
Ulana

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I'm sure GOBOT is right about finding some semi-portable ones in appliance stores. If you look around you could probably find some large commercial ovens too. There are pizza places and other restaurants that use them so they've got to be out there somewhere.

Yeah. it's definitely hard to find an apartment with an oven- I've checked. I am actually moving out of my house in Binh Thanh (between D1 and D2) and there is a big toaster oven if you're interested in checking out the place? send me an email **** if you want some photos and to chat about it more! I can also send you a link to my blog, where I have a post about teaching abroad.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Ulana, Im Art living here in HCMC in district 7. Its very easy to find an appartment here. Just say how much is youre budget for the house and what do you expect to have inside it like appliances or whatever. I think i can help you to find one i will check and send you the picture and its up to you like it or not. Just tell how much your budget to rent monthly. I go finf you one ok. Dont worry im not a middleman i work in a restaurant here. Just want to help.. have a good day and i hope you enjoy vietnam😁

19art82 wrote:

Hello Ulana, Im Art living here in HCMC in district 7. Its very easy to find an appartment here. Just say how much is youre budget for the house and what do you expect to have inside it like appliances or whatever. I think i can help you to find one i will check and send you the picture and its up to you like it or not. Just tell how much your budget to rent monthly. I go finf you one ok. Dont worry im not a middleman i work in a restaurant here. Just want to help.. have a good day and i hope you enjoy vietnam😁

You should check the date of the post before replying. I would say that the OP has found a place by now.

Sorry im just new here. Now i know what to do thank you so much have a nice day

19art82 wrote:

Sorry im just new here. Now i know what to do thank you so much have a nice day

You're welcome. ;)

Hi,

Want to buy an apartment in District 2.

Could you recommend 2 or 3 trusted Real Estate Agent?

Thanks.

MarcoD22 wrote:

Hi,

Want to buy an apartment in District 2.

Could you recommend 2 or 3 trusted Real Estate Agent?

Thanks.

Do you really feel the need to place this post in every conceivable thread?  Once or twice is enough.

Well THIGV, I don't know.
You seem to have a lot of experiences here, but, I placed this post in 7 or 8 different threads already and I got only 2 answers from only one person, you...
So......

Your post in "Looking for a good real estate agent" would seem to be in the correct place but your should first read the prior comments in the thread.  It does contain suggestions from the estimable M. Delafon.  You might consider sending him a PM but he may only respond if you add him to your contact list and give him your true name.

ok

I tried to send a message to M. Delafon a couple of hours ago, but I got the message it was not possible because he was BANNED.

MarcoD22 wrote:

ok

I tried to send a message to M. Delafon a couple of hours ago, but I got the message it was not possible because he was BANNED.

Not sure why he was banned.

colinoscapee wrote:

Not sure why he was banned.

Could it be for giving bad advice? :joking:  If so, many of us (self included) are in the "danger zone."   :o

THIGV wrote:

Your post in "Looking for a good real estate agent" would seem to be in the correct place but your should first read the prior comments in the thread.  It does contain suggestions from the estimable M. Delafon.  You might consider sending him a PM but he may only respond if you add him to your contact list and give him your true name.

Could you please recommend someone "estimable" who is not banned.
Thank you.