Visa Confusion

I am just a little discombobulated. I have heard and read so many articles, government documents and forum posts the last few days that I am not sure where truth lies. LOL. I know I can apply for a visa upon arrival at the Phnom Phen Airport, I know the cost but don't care, I know to get a business/ordinary visa so I can renew it within 30 days without leaving the country but I have been informed if I come on a one way fare I have to have a letter saying I have a promise of employment. I won't have because I am coming to look for work as a English teacher. Should I just pay the round trip ticket and count the extra money as the price I pay to live my dream. The extra cash would probably pay the rent for the first month.

In 9 years and dozens of flights I have not once been asked to show proof of a return ticket.

Thank you

I can only confirm Hannostamm's remarks.

IF and ONLY IF you are asked to show a return ticket tell them that you plan to travel to Vietnam by bus. The cost is approximately 10 US$ and there are many bus companies.

I also confirm that I travel in and out of Cambodia on a regular basis by air or by road transport and have NEVER been asked for an outward ticket.

Thank you

Hi,
It is advisable to have a return ticket anyway for peace of mind and it is the same price or near the price of a one way ticket anyway, i would pay for a one year visa or as close as you can to that to save the stress of getting another , pretty common sence really,   

William

You cannot get a one-year visa at the airport. And I have peace of mind traveling without a return ticket:-)