Best Route from Puerto Vallarta to Los Cabos

Anyone know the fastest plane route from Puerto Vallarta to Los Cabos?  I've heaard one can fly from PV to Guadalajara and from there to Cabo, buthave no specifics.  Also heard about the drive north to a ferry that crosses the Sea of Cortes, but then one needs to drive south again once on the Baja Sur peninsula. Any advice?

Hi, Personnaly, I would go with Aeromexico. With a search, I just did on Expedia.ca (Canadian site) I got a result via Mexico city for June 13th of 241$ CND.  The main HUB is Mexico city, also an option could be PV to San Francisco to Los Cabos but this could be more expensive,  on the other hand, could include a visit of San Francisco.

Buena suerte, GyC.

I would definitely advise not using the ferry. I was great in the past, but not now.

Thanks. It seems that, although PV and Cabo are just a few hundred miles apart, there's no "short" route between them!

~ Skye

SkyeMoody wrote:

Thanks. It seems that, although PV and Cabo are just a few hundred miles apart, there's no "short" route between them!

~ Skye

It's the usual plane route routine, so you probably have to go to Mexico city first. Just like you have to fly to L.A then Texas to go to Cancun.  Makes no sense for us, but then it's not about us.

You're right.

I heard one can fly from PV to Guadalajara, from Guadalajara to San Jose del Cabo. Might that work? Or maybe just wishful thinking?

~ skye

What else, besides the long driving times on both ends, did you find objectionable about taking the ferry?

Thanks.

~ Skye

SkyeMoody wrote:

You're right.

I heard one can fly from PV to Guadalajara, from Guadalajara to San Jose del Cabo. Might that work? Or maybe just wishful thinking?

~ skye

Check it out it might work. I know from here I would have to fly to Mexico then Cancun. If I wanted to fly back to here I would have to fly from Cancun to Mexico to here. It seems planes only fly to and from Mexico from here. The other thing is it cost more to fly from here than to go two hours south and fly from Merida to Cancun. Kind of crazy making so I just make a trip of it and drive there.

This says you can fly interjet https://www.interjet.com/flights-guadal … Apim8P8HAQ

Thanks. I'll check out interjet.

~ Skye