Language Barrier

In morocco is language barrier a big problem for someone who only speaks English?
I am from Turkey and I only speak Turkish and English fluently. I can barely communicate in Italian.

I am afraid it's gonna be a little difficult if you don't know arabic or french but you could adapt by learning few words, and besides you would find usually people who can speak english especially young people. Anyway, if you need information about living in rabat feel free to ask maybe we can help ;)

what are the key arabic and french key sentence patterns and words one must know?
thanks for your sincere reply by the way :D

Well, I'll give you some key phrases in Arabic (in moroccan dialect). First the greetings "salamou alaykoum"= hello ; "bslama"= Bye ; "choukrane"= Thank you . To ask something you will most definitely need the following words : "feen"= where ; "kifach"= how ;  "bchhal" = how much (to ask about the price) ; "mafhmtch"= I didn't understand.
As of specific words, I am afraid, I couldn't cover it all, but my advice to you is to try being prepared before heading out, plus, you could use a translation app on your phone to translate to french.
Anyway, best of luck ;)

Only well educated Moroccans are trained in english. If you go among general public (street vendors, markets, bus stations etc), it will be very difficult because they dont know much apart from arabic/french.