Living in Luang Prabang

Hello!

I'm considering (and being considered) for a job in Luang Prabang.   I worked in Vientiane back in
2008 and traveled to LP during that same year.  I found it to be very quiet, not so many tourists.  What I would like to know is how is it there now......and how difficult it is to find a little house orl a small apartment to rent and if so, what kind of price, and also, how is the nolise pollution?  Thanks so much for aniy info you can share.

It is busier there now.
There are places to rent,buy etc in LP. I suggest you undertake a good online search.

I would seriously consider looking at guesthouses and hotels for temp accommodation until you get settled into your job. Rates can be negotiated for a long term stay. That way you do not have to worry about power, water, paperwork etc until you move into something permanent.

Once you are settled in at work perhaps your work colleagues may know of rental properties.

LP is more expensive than Vientiane and is a lot busier than it used to be. Noise pollution is negligible.