How to make friends in theConnecticut

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in theConnecticut :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in theConnecticut??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hello friends,

Meeting people and making friends can be awkward and challenging.However, it doesn't have to be so hard.Try a few of simple tips, and you'll be on your way in no time.

Listen and Ask Questions ,it means Other people like to know they're being heard and that their ideas are appreciated. By being a good listener, you let others know that you value what they have to say and, by extension, who they are.
Second thing is Give  Compliment to others.
Third most important thing is Join a Club or Team so that you can interact with more number of peoples with a different profession.

(moderated: no ads please)

Hi,

I came over and had my in-laws to talk to but no friends. A great way to start is to join activity groups. The best website I found to do this was meetup.com It was really easy to locate a hobby/group that I had a common interest with other people (My first event was a friendly football 5-side match. I got to know some guys..went to another group that played poker/boardgames and have had many good nights.

The first night is always the hardest but the people are very welcoming new members and it is easy to fit right in.

I'm based in Hartford and if you need any help just send me an email.

Cheers,

Peter