Vietnam experience

1. To Hot
2. To many pesky mosquito's that bite ( everyday !!! ) not just once.
3. Way over the top to much motorbike traffic and people it's off the hook crazy.

On the positive side: the food is cheap.

William from California

Yes the traffic is terrible, it won't change any time soon.

- "Too hot." There are many other places on the list of top retirement/vacation destinations with much warmer and/or higher humidity. In SEA: Thailand, Philippines, India. In North America: Mexico, many parts of AZ, TX, and FL.

- "Too many pesky mosquito's that bite." See above. In South America: Brazil. In SEA: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines. In South Pacific: French Polynesia. In North America: a dozen US states (three words: no-see-ums.)

- "Way over the top too much motorbike traffic and people it's off the hook crazy." Agree.

The heat beats the "freezer" back in Michigan where I grew up but I can't deny the motorbike traffic is beyond crazy - especially with NO rules being enforced. Also, the pollution here in HCMC is sooo bad! Even after being her over a year these two things still bother me.

In a few more years I can retire and move out in the country somewhere with my lovely Vietnamese wife: - )  She makes it all bearable.

Japanese4fun wrote:

1. To Hot
2. To many pesky mosquito's that bite ( everyday !!! ) not just once.
3. Way over the top to much motorbike traffic and people it's off the hook crazy.

On the positive side: the food is cheap.

William from California

I like to think positive.

Too hot? maybe but cold showers are very refreshing
Mozzies are easy - use a cream and they don't bite.
The horrible roads are great for photography.

Fred from Yorkshire.

William...go home!

Three times you wrote to where you should have written too. English teacher?

William...go home!

Come on give the guy a break ?

Agree food is cheap, excursions are great and cheap too.
People are friendly, Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh) is quite good compared to some parts of asia.
Parks are presentable, restaurants are fairly clean and some are really good from what i saw on my visit there. Beer is good too,  ;)

Overall Vietnam is good.  :top: