Brexit. And how will it affect people moving from the Uk to Slovenia

Sue and I are moving to the eaatern paet of Slovenia  in 5 years time. We already have a property here. Do you think Brexit will affect us and if so what way?  Cheers

The answer is, no one knows. Negotiations haven't started, each country will have their own set of rules. It's going to be 2 years until the UK leaves the EU then X amount of years while deals are made.

What do you plan to do, retire?

Wish I knew. Our idiot UK politicians seem to be determined to annoy everyone in the EU while shooting themselves and their citizens in the foot with both barrels.

I've owned my house near Kobarid for three years and spend about 5½ months a year there at the moment. Plannning to retire this year and spend more time once I can work out the tax implications. So I have almost three years of temporary residence permit with two more to go before I can make it permanent. Just hoping that will be sufficient to convince the Slovenian authorities that they should let me stay for good.

Hoping Scotland gets independence and stays in EU. If not then I'll leave the UK and not look back, as long as Slovenia will have me.

Hope  to retire in 5 years time !

Hi  we plan to retire in slovenia we will have a good income coming in and good savings

The war of words has now started and it looks bloody.
I see a mess ahead, and that's bad news for expats on both sides of the UK border.

Dane & sue wrote:

Hi  we plan to retire in slovenia we will have a good income coming in and good savings

Any idea how Slovenia compares to Austria in the sense  of living there? I'm wanting to buy in southern Austria but just over the boarder Slovenia looks a good cheaper option. What's the health service like and general cost of living? What's the bad things?

tigcraft wrote:
Dane & sue wrote:

Any idea how Slovenia compares to Austria in the sense  of living there? I'm wanting to buy in southern Austria but just over the boarder Slovenia looks a good cheaper option. What's the health service like and general cost of living? What's the bad things?

I have to ask the question, why do you want to leave the UK?

Plenty of reasons, quality of life, slower relaxed pace, better value for money,  nice scenery, 
s p a c e
as we've run out and sick of traffic jams and It feels homely. You've obviously done it because something's better?

tigcraft wrote:

Plenty of reasons, quality of life, slower relaxed pace, better value for money,  nice scenery, 
s p a c e
as we've run out and sick of traffic jams and It feels homely. You've obviously done it because something's better?

I quite agree with you, I really can't stand the UK anymore, each time I visit I can not wait to get out of the place, maybe not so much Wales. But England for sure.

The Uk  Is no longer the uk we have problems with migrants  corrupt politicians the list goes on ...

It become a no brainer just don't tell anybody else!! Heh heh heh

Dane & sue wrote:

The Uk  Is no longer the uk we have problems with migrants .

Great reason to become ........errr ........ a migrant

Fred wrote:
Dane & sue wrote:

The Uk  Is no longer the uk we have problems with migrants .

Great reason to become ........errr ........ a migrant

I was thinking the same lol

The uk is now is a massive high speed congested and jammed grimy industrial machine that works 24/7 full of busy people that don't know how to chill and don't know any other qualities of life who also haven't got time to be friendly anymore.

Yes shhhhhh

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please refer to the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
tigcraft wrote:

The uk is now is a massive high speed congested and jammed grimy industrial machine that works 24/7 full of busy people that don't know how to chill and don't know any other qualities of life who also haven't got time to be friendly anymore.

Not in Barnsley but much of the rest of the country is like that, especially London.
That's why I became a migrant but I miss the excellent migrant food in the UK, especially the Indian and Chinese stuff.

Fred wrote:
tigcraft wrote:

Not in Barnsley but much of the rest of the country is like that, especially London.
That's why I became a migrant but I miss the excellent migrant food in the UK, especially the Indian and Chinese stuff.

That's very near my neck of the woods!! Holmfirth....

Ey up, mucker