Annecy / Aix-en-Provence - moving with kids - seeing advice

Dear All

We are a family of 4 and have 2 kids ages 2.5 and 4.5 years old. We will be spending next year in France and have an option to stay either in Aix-en-Provence or Annecy. We are US citizens but also hold EU passports. We won't be working in France. I hope you can help me answer the following questions:

Schools - we are looking to enroll our children in preschool/kindergarden. Preferably public (they both are fluent in French). How does the school enrollment work? What documents do we need (lease, immunization records, IDs..anything else? When do we need to apply? If we miss the application deadline can we still get in? (we most likely be moving in August but it might be September)

Is Aix or Annecy a better place to live with kids? I appreciate any info about these two cities

Apartment - could you recommend a local property agent (in both towns) who could help us secure an apartment?

I very much appreciate your help

Jane

Hello,

For schools, the problem is you need to have already an address to make the registration at school. Indeed, in France, schools depend of your home location.

So, it would be better to come the earliest possible.

Concerning Aix-en-Provence and Annecy, there are both beautiful and nice to live but it depends about what you want/like. Are you more mountains or Provence, cigals, sun and heat? ;)

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I'm most concerned about my kids and would love the place we ultimately choose be safe, family friendly and overall best for my children.