Tagaytay, costs of living?

Hi ya peeps.

Anybody live in or around Tagaytay.  I'm interested in the cost of housing, food, utilities, household help, shopping, etc. 

Having lived in Florida and being in and out of the Bahamas​ for decades I realize there are different economies for  perminent residents and the renters or seasonals.

Is the lake clean enough to swim or scuba, fish in?

I looked at their weather and think it ideal.

I would imagine typical dens of iniquity abound as they do elsewhere. 

Any downsides? 

Thanks

weather is good there.  that's the big plus.   Bit hard to get to and from but doable.  Like many places in the PI the koreans have driven up the costs here considerably.   From golfing to housing.... I've seen a 20% increase since I've been in the PI.

That's a good area for sure. Like the other poster said, it is hard to get to at times--mainly due to traffic South of Manila.
If I may suggest, before you actually decide and settle on a spot, Check out Subic Bay. It's as close as you can get to living at home and still be just a walk or short drive from the other side of life.

Nephi52

A big thanks for the response.  Subic may be an area to look at but the mild temperatures of tagaytay would be much easier to tolerate as I suffer cronic COPD. 

Current plans are to get a feel for certain areas prior to arrival.  As the ol war horse once said "all well laid plans go to hell once you meet the enemy".  This by no means indicates the population is considered the enemy.  I find them very interesting, quite lovely, and exotic.

A big thanks for the response.  Subic may be an area to look at but the mild temperatures of tagaytay would be much easier to tolerate as I suffer cronic COPD. 

Current plans are to get a feel for certain areas prior to arrival.  As the ol war horse once said "all well laid plans go to hell once you meet the enemy".  This by no means indicates the population is considered the enemy.  I find them very interesting, quite lovely, and exotic.

I too have COPD and have to deal with it on a daily basis. So far I've found that the flair-ups are about the same in the Tagaytay area, Manila, or where I live in Central Luzon. Biggest problem is or likely will be is the changing temperature, air pressure, and due point as they fluctuate. The only place with fewer issues (for me at least) is in or around Baguio as the weather is always much cooler. Baguio is much higher and can cause breathing problems due to the altitude though.
Another possible, serious problem in living here with COPD is finding truly reliable and competent medical doctors. Took me almost two years to locate a really good doctor that can manage the issues.

I'm a retired medical worker.   In my opinion you should visit for at least a few weeks your choice of location.    2 places that I like in the PI
Are tagatay and Valencia (a small town near Dumaguete).   Both offer the required elevation/   milder temps u desire.   If u don't golf I would take Valencia.

Yes it's true.  Finding a good doctor here is hard.
I'm not sure exactly why.
As for living in Baguio for people with breathing/ pulmonary issues.   It was a good place 40 years ago.   However,  it's now one of the most poluted cities.   Primarily diesel particulate.