Banana Bar in Grand Bay - Petition

For those that frequent Banana Beach Club in Grand Bay and/or appreciate live music, they are looking for signatures for their petition to allow them to continue to be able to host live music acts at their bar.

Not sure why, but a couple weeks ago the police shut them down on a Friday night because they were "too loud" despite the fact that the night club Zanzibar next door was equally as loud if not more so and there was nothing said to the night club. 

Additionally, there had never been any issues in all the previous years Banana has been in business and hosting live music. 

Please stop by Banana to sign the petition in the hopes that live music can continue to be offered at their venue.

That's terrible. We hardly have places to go to as it is.. I'll sign it when i pass by.

Thats sad and I did enjoy the music in Banana Bar. Thats the only place I know of where you can go early and hear some good music. Night clubs starts only after 12.30. I am used to Dubai nightlife that start by 9pm and ends by 2 or 3 am. The last time I went to Les enfant terible night club at 11.30 PM, the staff were moping the floor and the bar was not yet open.
I am a lover of live music and dont know of any places in the South. If you guys know of some places having live band playing in the south starting at 8 or 9 pm please let me know.

I too will sign for the petition whenever I pass by Grand Baie.

Cheers!!! and looking forward for the next Expat.com event!!!
Terence

The only descent place where one can enjoy descent live music a good beer before hitting the clubs .
Shame on you Mauritius , you are really a Banana Republic !
How about some Hey Macarena in Albion !!!!

WTF