Moving to Jura - Work visa?

Hey guys,

I'll move to the Jura region in July with my boyfriend (he and his family are from there) and I'm gonna start my journey to get my work visa. (Marriage is not on the cards right now as we don't want to marry just to get a document in a hurry, but will happen in the future)

The French authorities told us that I could go there under my tourist visa, look for a job and apply for it when a company is willing to hire me.
I'd have to go back to my country to apply for this visa, right?
Could my boyfriend do anything to help me at this point? Like writing a letter when I'm gonna apply for my visa saying that we both want to settle in France and work and have a family there in the future?

Being realistic, is it too complicated to find a job there? Does any of you live in that region? I'm a 3D graphic designer and could model watches, interior spaces, etc. I know that there are lots of watch companies there (next to Switzerland) so it might be a good start.

I appreciate any help!

Thank you! :)

Hello,

Be clear and direct. Apart the wedding, the only one solution is to find a job if you want to stay in France. But, indeed, in Jura, you won't find a company in your skills areas. Indeed, it is one of department more "rural" (and cold!!!) of France. Morevover, if, by luck, you find a company, this one will have to prove its doesn't find a local/resident/european to make the job. So, you must have skills that nobody has...

Also, do you speak French? Because if not, you won't find a job in France.

Concenring Switzerland, it's already complicated for Europeans to find a job there, so, for a non-EU, it's clearly impossible, if you do'nt have a scientific or ingeniery background. And even if it's close, the roads are very complicated the winter, if youdon't know to drive on snow and there too, French is mandatory.

At the question "can I have another any job, even if it is not in my area", the answer is no. Because, same, the employer has to prove he doesn't find no other one to make this job. And without speaking French... Also, in France, the unemployment rate is 10%, so, everyone is ready to work as cleaner or in all non-qualificated jobs...

So, as you see, it's very complicated. You don't have choose the department where it is the easier to find a job and above all in your area...

If not, to look for and find a job, legally, it's forbidden with a touristic visa to do it. After, you can prospect but in all case, indeed, you MUST GO BACK in your country because, your work visa is delivered by the FRENCH EMBASSY in your country, so, it's impossible to get it in a French EMbassy  in France...

Well, I hope to have answered to your questions, even if there aren't good...

Good luck.

STEFFIFI