Business trip to Saudi for a female

Hi there,

I have to travel to Saudi (Jeddah and Riyadh) for business in the upcoming month.
I am living in Dubai and it will be my first time in Saudi.

I need your advice in terms of code of conduct, what are the do's and dont's, do I have to wear abaya and scarf in the hotel? In the office?...

Feel free to give me all advice that may me relevant for my trip.

Thank you !

Yes you have to have the abayah on everywhere there are men present, if the office is all women, u don't have to wear an abaya. Headscarf isn't exactly a necessity but u should have one close by In case you are requested to cover your hair

Thank you !

Other question.
I have a male friend of mine from France who is living in Saudi now.
Is it risky to see him?

Yes it's ok to see him don't worry,  good luck 👍

Hi

Unfortunately you have to wear abaya but no need for scarf in Jeddah i don't know if you have to put it in Riyadh, women here don't drive cars if you needed a driver you can use Uber or Careem (apps), and yes you can meet male friends in public places

Thank you !!

If you meet your male friend don't hug/cheek kiss in public.

My Russian friend did that with me in public in middle of a busy mall...the embarrassment

Hahaha no worries, as a muslim I am aware of the basics :)

just do the basic things and you will be ok , Saudi changed allot .
More of what you read of some articles in the web its old .

if you want to meet you partner and you worried so much , meet him in any 4\5 star hotel restaurant or cafe and you will be fine , relax & enjoy  .

if u need more Tip inform me  :cool:

you will be fine and everything will be OK .

enjoy your trip  .

hamudi wrote:

If you meet your male friend don't hug/cheek kiss in public.

My Russian friend did that with me in public in middle of a busy mall...the embarrassment

:D:dumbom::dumbom: