Transportation to San Ignacio

Hi Belizeans!
My husband and I will be flying in to BZE in mid June and staying for a few weeks. Is it possible to take a taxi to Ladyville from the airport and hop a bus to San Ignacio from there? If so does anyone know the schedule? Just trying to avoid the time and extra expense into Belize City.
Thank you!

greenleaf wrote:

Hi Belizeans!
My husband and I will be flying in to BZE in mid June and staying for a few weeks. Is it possible to take a taxi to Ladyville from the airport and hop a bus to San Ignacio from there? If so does anyone know the schedule? Just trying to avoid the time and extra expense into Belize City.
Thank you!

Hi greenleaf;
The airport is in Ladyville. I would recommend taking a taxi from the airport to the bus station in Belize City. That fair is usually about US$ 25.00 for the first two people and an additional $5.00/person after the first two. Busses run from the depot about every half hour, except Sunday which is a reduced schedule (more like on the hour). A reg bus from there will be BZ$8.00 (US$4.00) per person or BZ$9.00/person for a non-stop (Express) bus. The bus trip is about two hours to San Ignacio.

FYI, tickets for busses in Belize are not purchased in advance. Bus are loaded on a first come first serve bases and the fare is collected by the conductor on route. The bus you want will have a sign saying Benque in the windshield and will stop in Belmopan en route to San Ignacio.

I hope this helps.

If you can make your way to the Northern Highway/Ladyville, you'd have to flag a bus to Belize City. From there you could catch an express bus to SI. Easiest ad quickest would be a shuttle straight from the airport. Or take a cab to the bus terminal in Belize City and catch the next bus from there.
I've attached a bus schedule that also has information on shuttles.
https://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Thanks Bill. I appreciate the info.  I did not realize the airport was in Ladyville.

Thanks Bridgette for the info on the bus schedules. Last time we were in Belize, we took a taxi into Belize City and caught a bus there, but we won't be getting in till 3PM so we were hoping to avoid that if possible. Our trip is a ways off so I may look into a shuttle

Taxi to BC will be faster than catching a bus on the northern highway, though that would be cheaper. For sure a shuttle is fastest. I think Tropic flies to SI. Not sure on the timing, though.

It would be very time-consuming getting a taxi form the airport to ladyville, a bus from Ladyville to Belize City, and then waiitng for a bus to San Ignacio.

The easist way is to get a taxi fom the airport to the Belize City bus station one time.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own services on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct