2 years contract but i already resign after a year

Hello! I am working here in Bahrain and im already 1 year this coming june 2017. my contract is 2 years, they told me that ill pay my another 1 year visa worth 100+BD. My question, is that valid/legal?

Hi

what do u mean by u have to pay the other year?
as far as i know the visa fees they have to pay it and not asking u to pay that.
What was written in ur contract? just dont sign a paper u dont know what is written in it.

i mean that i already finished my 1 year but i will resign by june so they told me that i will pay them for the visa.

as far as i know u dont have to pay it...but maybe u have to buy ur ticket. As i said its also depends on whats written in ur contract.

Hi,

Since you are not honoring your contract your employer can sue you for damages
http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/13

T&R

Smillan wrote:

I like how the word honoring often is used when someone resigns in Bahrain. Most companies mistreat and/or overwork staff but get their knickers in a twist once someone stands up for themselves crying "you didn't honor the contract". I don't mean you using it Logicalindian..it just reminded me how badly people working in Bahrain often are treated. People resign for good reasons..mainly because the working conditions are intolerable.

You hit the nail on the head Smillan.
This is the sad truth. Unfortunately, employers seem to be able to get away with such things.

However, I know some people who had the courage and patience to fight for their rights - and actually winning such cases. Most are deterred by the ambiguous and often long drawn out process.