Teaching work in HCMC; any tips?

I'm currently in D1 of Ho Chi Minh City. Since I arrived yesterday, i've been finding it very difficult to understand or communicate with any of the Vietnamese people here, much less find work near me. This is my first trip as an expat and i'm a little lost. Any expats that have any good advice or tips on the matter on finding your way around to employment in the area?

You've been here one day, I would suggest you be more patient. And yes the Vietnamese do have a tendency to speak their native tongue, not sure what language you thought they would speak. Just give yourself a few weeks to adjust and get used to how things work here.

I appreciate the advice.

Vietnamteachingjobs.com

You've been here one day, I would suggest you be more patient. And yes the Vietnamese do have a tendency to speak their native tongue, not sure what language you thought they would speak. Just give yourself a few weeks to adjust and get used to how things work here.

:lol:
I found this rather amusing..

@Yeriel - Xin Chao - any luck with speaking Vietnamese now ? Hope you are able to converse now and finding your way around.. Cam on  ;)

"Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet"    :cheers: