Advice on Lisbon neighborhoods

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be moving to Lisbon in the next 1-2 years we think and we are starting to think about where to live.  We will be buying an apartment, and want to live "in the city", not the suburbs.    But, we have a few things we need.   We have 2 larger dogs, so we need an area that has good quality/wider sidewalks, and hopefully some green space.    Also, we are looking for an area that ideally has some expats, and also is close to a metro stop (very important!), as we plan on being without a car (we hope).   

It seems like the Campo de Ourique/Estrela/Amoreiras area would be nice, but the Metro doesn't really make it out that far west.     I have read that the Metro is scheduled to be expanded to that area, but that will take many years I imagine. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on neighborhoods that might fit my criteria?     If you want to either suggest neighborhoods, or just "the area around "X" metro stop" would be okay too.

Many thanks.

Jeff

It will also depend on your budget available to purchase an apartment.....
In the vicinity of Colégio Militar's subway, there are some reasonable good apartments and a significant "green área" where you could walk your dogs.
The street that goes straight to that subway is: rua do Colegio Militar. As for expats residing there, I've got my doubts.

Here is your reply!   :-)

Thanks!    This area is likely too far north of the city for us.   We want to be much closer than this I think.    I know that the further outside the city center we get, the more green space we will find, so we have to find the right compromise.