Reccommend any Bangkok Schools for UK child aged 5?

Hi

My family and I are due to re-locate from the Manchester, UK to Bangkok this April 2011. My wife has been to see Patana during a recent business trip and was extremely impressed. This school's fees are at the very top of our budget and what seems a logistical nightmare to get to from the city.

Can anyone recommend any alternative schools within the city, accessible via the SkyTrain and Taxi?

We are looking for a school which preferably teaches the British Curriculum and and has native English speaking teachers (UK, AUS, NZ etc) and a good mix of children inc British and as I mentioned above within easy access of the SkyTrain and Taxi.

Any recommendations will be sincerely appreciated.

Mike

St Andrews International School?
St Stephens International School?

We are looking for schools close to the city, correctly if I'm wrong St. Andrews is quite a distance out of the city. I won't have access to a car so it must be close or Taxi ride from the SkyTrain.

We've been told about the topsyturvy.ac.th it seems so have quite mixed reviews. Does anyone have any experience of this school?

Thanks

hi purplesky!

I would like to welcome you to Expat.com :)

I hope other members get back to you soon on the school you've asked about.

Best of luck to you and the family.

Regards

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member. I found this topic through google and would like to know more about it.

I am now in Indonesia and planning to move to Bangkok in the next few months. I have two Key Stage 2 sons (now Y4 and Y5) who studied in Sheffield - UK before and continuing to a public school in Indonesia now. Since they both are familiar with the British school's system, I wish they could continue to a British  based school later in Bangkok.

My Bangkok's office will be in the outer ring area called Muang Thong Thani. I already gained some infos on St. Andrew's School (Wattana) and Bromsgrove Int'l School (Minburi) as the fees seem quite reasonable. I want to know if there are other British schools with lower fees than the previous two around Muang Thong Thani?

Hi Purplesky,
Did the search for the primary school go well? Which school did you finally decide for your child?

Your replies will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Try the St. Stephen's Internatioanls School in Lad Yao, Chatuchak area .

Thanks cvanmieghem, I'll put St. Stephen's in our list of Int'l schools and see if it suits our budget. Cheers.

Have you looked at British School of Bangkok?  Google for more information unless you have viewed already.

British Early Years Centre near to Aree is a very nice school. I send my daughter there. They take good care of the children and my daughter is very advanced for her age. I was first attracted to them because they have an organic menu but the whole school is fantastic! Definitely take a look! beyc.co.th